Keywords: gilts, hormonal, vitamin preparations, multiple pregnancy, seasons
The influence of vitamin-hormonal schemes of stimulation of replacement pigs on their reproductive function was studied. The effect of stimulation on the reproductive performance of pigs and fertility, multiple pregnancy in the spring and summer seasons was determined. A methodical approach has been created to increase the reproductive capacity of gilts.
It was stated that multiple pregnancy (insemination in the spring season) was probably (P> 0.99) higher in the I-study group (use of the complex vitamin preparation Introvit) by 6.0% compared to the control. Comparing the results of farrowing in the II-study group (the use of the drug “Introvit” and the hormonal drug “Gestavet”), the multiple pregnancy rates were probably (P> 0.99) higher by 9.2% compared to the control group. In the III experimental group (use of the hormonal drug “Gestavet”), the indicators of multiple pregnancy exceeded the control group of animals by 8.3%.
According to the results of farrowing (summer insemination) in the queens of the I-study group, where the complex vitamin preparation “Introvit” was used, the multiplicity was higher by 4.3% compared to the control. In the second experimental group, where the combination of the drug Introvit and the hormonal drug Gestavet was used, the multiple pregnancy rates were higher by 7.7% compared to the control. In the III experimental group, when using the hormonal preparation “Gestavet”, the indicators of multiple pregnancy exceeded the control group of animals by 7.5% compared to the control.
When using vitamin-hormonal stimulation, there is an increase in fertility by 9.2% (insemination in the spring) and 7.7% (in the summer).
It was found that the best in terms of reproductive ability was the vitamin-hormonal scheme for the treatment of pigs (experimental group II), both in the spring and summer seasons.
- Susol, R. L. (2013). Suchasni aspekty intensyfikatsiyi vyrobnytstva svynyny na Odeshchyni [Modern aspects of intensification of pigs production in Odesa region]. Visnyk ahrarnoyi nauky Prychornomorya. Odesa. 4 (75), 2, 1, 157 – 163 [in Ukrainian].
- Voloshchuk, V. M., & Povod, M. H. (2013). Vplyv umov utrymannya na reproduktyvni yakosti svynomatok [The influence of housing conditions on the reproductive qualities of sows]. Svynarstvo. Mizhvidomchyy tematychniy zbirnyk Instytutu svynarstva i APV NAAN. Poltava. 62, 27−32 [in Ukrainian].
- Starodubets, O. O. (2015). Vplyv sezonu roku na vidtvoryuvalʹni yakosti svynomatok. [The influence of the season on the reproductive qualities of sows]. Visnyk ahrarnoyi nauky Prychornomorya, Vyp. 4., T. 2, Odesa, 100−103 [in Ukrainian].
- Usenko, S. O., Syabro, A. S., Polishchuk, A. A., Moroz, O. H., Birta, H. O., & Ilʹchenko, M. O. (2020). Novitni biotekhnolohiyi vidtvorennya svyney v umovakh promyslovoho svynarstva [The latest biotechnologies of pig reproduction in the conditions of industrial pig farming]. Visnyk Poltavskoyi derzhavnoyi ahrarnoyi akademiyi. Poltava. 1. 121−127 [in Ukrainian].
- Kharenko, M. I., Khomyn, S. P., Krayevskyy A. Y (2010). Patolohiya ta biotekhnika vidtvorennnya svyney [Pathology and biotechnology of pig reproduction]. Vyd. „Kozatskyy val”, Sumy, 412 [in Ukrainian].
- Baban, О. А., Velbivets, M .V., Ivasenko, В. Р., Ordin, Yu. M., & Lototskyy, V. V. (2018). Metody stymulyatsiyi vidtvornoyi funktsiyi u svyney: metod. Rekomendatsiyi dlya mahistriv z veterynarnoyi medytsyny [Methods of stimulation of reproductive function in pigs: method. Recommendations for masters in veterinary medicine]. Bila Tserkva, 26 [in Ukrainian].
- Kharenko, M. I., & Khomyn, S. P. (2010). Intensyfikatsiya vidtvornoyi funktsiyi svyney [Intensification of the reproductive function of pigs]. Zdorovya tvaryn i liky. Kyiv. 1. 18−19 [in Ukrainian].
- Kryukov, D. (2019). Yakisny`j remont pogoliv’ya. Tvary`nny`cztvo i vetery`nariya [High-quality repair of livestock]. Animal husbandry and veterinary medicine. Kyiv. 2. 28-30 [in Ukrainian].
- Humennyy, O. H., Sidashova, S. O., Popova, I. M., Onishchenko, A. O., & Konks, T. M. (2021). Vplyv hormonalʹnykh preparativ na pokaznyk rivnya vidtvorennya remontnykh svynok [The influence of hormonal drugs on the indicator of the level of reproduction of repair pigs]. Visnyk Sumskoho natsionalnoho ahrarnoho universytetu. Seriya „Tvarynnytstvo”. Sumy. 3(46). 46−51 [in Ukrainian].
- Veterinarnyye preparaty (2023, March 12). Veterinary preparations. Ofitsiinyi sait [Official site]. Retrieved from: https://vetpreparaty.com/introvit/ [in Ukrainian].
- Sukhin, V. M., Chumak, V. O., & Kryva, O. A. (2012). Efektyvnist stymulyatsiyi statevoyi funktsiyi u svynomatok kombinatsiyeyu honadotropiniv ta vitaminiv [Effectiveness of stimulation of sexual function in sows by a combination of gonadotropins and vitamins]. Problemy zooinzheneriyi ta vetmedytsyny. 24. 2, 240−242 [in Ukrainian].
- Melnyk, Y. F., Mykytyuk, D. M., & Lytovchenko, A. M. (2003). Instruktsiya iz shtuchnoho osimeninnya svyney [Instructions for artificial insemination of pigs]. Ahrarna nauka − Agricultural science. Kyiv. 54 [in Ukrainian].