Keywords: young, dioecious nettle, live weight, blood parameters, average daily increase
Biologically active feed additives of plant origin (phytobiotics) contribute to the correction of the digestion process, affect the immunity of rabbits, as a result of optimizing the protective functions of the body, and ensure the greatest manifestation of genetic potential by animals. In the context of the above, the implementation of programs for the qualitative improvement of domestic rabbit breeds according to the determinants that form the high biological and nutritional value of products depends on the level of influence of many genotypic and paratypic factors that change significantly over time. One of the most important factors is feeding conditions. It was established that the simultaneous use of a phytosupplement made of dioecious nettle by the kindle of the III group via organism mother’s and orally from the 21st day after birth made it possible to increase their live weight in all periods of growth, and on the 90th day this difference reached 14,3 and 7.7 % against peers of the II and I groups. At the age of 120 days, according to the live weight index, they probably exceeded the animals of the II group by 196.5 g or 8,5 % (р<0.001) and the I group – by 166.5 g or 7.1 % (р<0.001).
Feeding control is carried basing on the blood parameters, which, in combination with other parameters of the body, make it possible to detect imperceptible changes in organs and tissues, as well as to have an idea of the functional state of both individual organs and the general condition of the animal. Nevertheless, the obtained information provides controllability of the processes that affect the productivity of animals. As part of the research, it was found that the main hematological parameters of the blood of young rabbits of all groups were within the physiological norm during the experiment.On the other hand, at the beginning of the experiment, peripheral blood samples of group III young animals were characterized by a slightly higher content of erythrocytes by 3.6 and 8.0%, hemoglobin by 1.5 and 6.3%, and total protein concentration by 1.8 and 1.5% , albumins – by 1.9 and 3.4% and globulins – by 1.1 and 2.6 %. Feeding the young with a phytosupplement during the natal and post-embryonic period led to an increase in the level of almost all blood components in the blood, but their values did not exceed 9.0% (0.9–8.6%), with no probable difference between the groups, except for the content of erythrocytes, where the difference between animals of III and II groups was 10.5%, with a statistically significant difference between them at the level of p<0.05.
The results of the conducted research reveal new opportunities for realizing the genetic potential of the young rabbits productivity by including into their diet the phytosupplement of plant origin – dioecious nettle.
- Chudak, R. A. (2008). Teoretychne ta eksperymentalne obgruntuvannia vykorystannia fitobiotykiv u hodivli silskohospodarskykh tvaryn tvaryn [Theoretical and experimental justification of the use of phytobiotics in feeding agricultural animals] (Extended abstract of Doctor’s thesis). Kyiv. Natsionalnyi universytet bioresursiv i pryrodokorystuvannia [in Ukrainian].
- Bashchenko, M. I., Honchar O. F., Shevchenko Ye. A. (2018). Krolivnytstvo. [Rabbit breeding]. Cherkasy [in Ukrainian].
- Ohorodnichuk, H. M. (2022). Efektyvnist vykorystannia dobavok mikrobiolohichnoho pokhodzhennia pry vyroshchuvanni kroliv [Effectiveness of using additives of microbiological origin in raising rabbits]. Vinnytsia: TOV ,,Druk” [in Ukrainian].
- Otchenashko, V. V. (2012). Efektyvne vyroshchuvannia perepeliv m’iasnoho napriamu nemozhlyve bez pravylnoho normuvannia i vykorystannia enerhii kormiv [Effective breeding of meat quails is impossible without correct rationing and use of feed energy]. Nashe ptakhivnytstvo, 3. 37–40 [in Ukrainian].
- Tyshchenko, V. (2011). Probiotyky proty antybiotykiv [Probiotics versus antibiotics]. Efektyvne tvarynnytstvo. 1. 7–12 [in Ukrainian].
- Uzdrik, R. M. (2008). Aminokislotnoe pitanie kur-nesushek [Amino acid nutrition for laying hens]. Efektyvne ptakhivnytstvo. 6. 17–18 [in Russian].
- Biletskyi, Ye., & Artemenko, O. (2012). Vykorystannia tsiliushchykh trav dopomozhe zberehty zdorov’ia poholiv’ia [The use of healing herbs will help to maintain the health of livestock]. Nashe ptakhivnytstvo. 1. 69–71 [in Ukrainian].
- Arczewska–Wlosek, A., & Swiatkiewicz, C. (2012). The effect of dietary herbal extract blend on the performance of broilers challenged with Eimeria oocysts. Journal of Animal and Feed Sciences. 21. 133–142.
- Podobed, L. Y. (2007). Rastitelnyiy ekstrakt v ratsionah pozvolyaet korrektirovat udoy i kachestvo moloka u doynyih korov. [Plant extract in diets allows you to adjust the milk yield and quality of milk in dairy cows]. Efektyvni kormy ta hodivlia. 5. 26–29 [in Russian].
- Krystyan Tark Эkkel (2013). Evropeyskiy put ot ASR k fitogenikam [European path from ACP to phytogenics]. Efektyvni kormy ta hodivlia. 1 (65). 9–23 [in Russian].
- Myronenko, O. I. (2009). Riven peretravnosti pozhyvnykh rechovyn v orhanizmi porosiat za dii riznykh kormovykh dobavok [The level of digestibility of nutrients in the body of piglets under the influence of various feed additives]. Efektyvni kormy ta hodivlia. (38). 15–17 [in Ukrainian].
- Samorodok, V. M., Ilina, M. H., & Hyrka, A. D. (1999). Morfolohichni osoblyvosti epidermisu riznykh vydiv ekhinatsei [Morphological features of the epidermis of different species of echinacea]. Ekolohiia ,,Biolohichni nauky”. 1. 44–48 [in Ukrainian].
- Samorodok, V. N., Lebedinskiy, Y. S., & Ischenko, N. V. (1996). Izuchenie vidov roda ehinatsei kak lechebno-kormovyih rasteniy Problemy likarskoho roslynnytstva : tezy dopovidei Mizhnar. nauk.-prakt. konf. z nahody 80-richchia Inst. likarskykh roslyn UAAN. [The study of species of the genus Echinacea as medicinal fodder plants. Problems of medicinal plant production: abstracts of reports International scientific and practical conference on the occasion of the 80th anniversary of the Institute of Medicinal Plants of the Ukrainian Academy of Sciences]. Poltava. 281–283 [in Russian].
- Samorodok, V. N., & Pospelov, S. V. (2013). Itogi izucheniya i selektsii predstaviteley roda Echinacea Moench v Poltavskoy gosudarstvennoy agrarnoy akademii. Innovatsionnyie podhodyi k izucheniyu ehinatsei: materialy Mezhdunar. nauch. konf. Poltava [Results of the study and selection of representatives of the genus Echinacea Moench at the Poltava State Agrarian Academy. Innovative Approaches to the Study of Echinacea : Proceedings of the International Scientific Conference]. Poltava. 89–99 [in Russian].
- Samorodok, V. N., & Pospelov, S. V. (1999). Ehinatseya v Ukraine: poluvekovyiy opyit introduktsii i vozdelyivaniya. [Echinacea in Ukraine: a half-century experience of introduction and cultivation]. Poltava. ,,Verstka”. 52 [in Russian].
- Egorov, Y. A., & Shevyakov, A. N. (2012). Kontrol kachestva kormleniya ptitsyi. [Quality control of poultry feeding]. Efektyvne Ptakhivnytstvo. 5. 16–21 [in Russian].
- Kamenska, M. V. (2011). Mikroflora travnoho traktu silskohospodarskoi ptytsi: sklad, osnovni funktsii, prychyny ta naslidky porushen [Microflora of the digestive tract of poultry]. Ptakhivnytstvo. 65. 20–28 [in Ukrainian].
- Khvostyk, V. P. (2008). Probiotyky – alternatyva antybiotykam Probiotics are an alternative to antibiotics]. Suchasne ptakhivnytstvo. 11-12. 15–21 [in Ukrainian].
- Shevchenko V. I., Sokolyk V. M., & Bezukh V. M. (2002). Doslidzhennia krovi tvaryn ta klinichna interpretatsiia otrymanykh rezultativ : metodychni rekomendatsii dlia studentiv fakultetu veterynarnoi medytsyny kerivnykiv ta slukhachiv Instytutu pisliadyplomnoho navchannia kerivnykiv i spetsialistiv veterynarnoi medytsyny. [Examination of animal blood and clinical interpretation of the obtained results : methodological recommendations for students of the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, managers and students of the Institute of Postgraduate Training of Managers and Specialists in Veterinary Medicine]. Bila Tserkva. 56 [in Ukrainian].