Keywords: horses, Ukrainian Warmblood breed, Trakehnen breed, genealogical lines, mares family
The aim of the research was to the influence of Trakenen breed horses study on the formation of the Ukrainian Warmblood breed from the beginning of its creation and at all stages of breeding improvement.
The beginning of work of the Ukrainian Warmblood breed group of horses breeding is characterized by the different variants of crossestesting, high-quality breeding materialselection, including producers and mares of Trakenen breed. In further work, the role og Trakenen breed stallions was increased.
At the beginning of testing half the Mare the uterine part of the horse plants were obtained from crosses with Trakenen breed. At the time of approval of the breed (1990) increased the number of mares the desired genealogical centres: Thoroughbred-Russian Warmblood-Trakenen-Hungarian, Thoroughbred-Trakenen-Hungarian, Thoroughbred-Hannover-Hungarian, Thoroughbred-Hungarian, which amounted to 76.1 percent.
When designing a genealogical lines in the Ukrainian Warmblood breed played a significant role stallions of the Trakenen breed: Typhoon, T 11 Vodopad, T 54 Khobot 106, T 109 Eol and crossbred: 2 Bezpechny, T 09 Khinin 73.
The analysis of the origin of mares-uterine ancestors of families in the Ukrainian Warmblood breed showed that the genealogies leading from them are built on the basis of Trakehner breed. The most numerous family 159 Tema – daughter Trakenen stallion Typhoon is 13.2 % mares of the Ukrainian Warmblood breed. Total in the breed of mares belonging to the mares family of Trakenen origin – 37.9 %.
The evaluation of stallions used in breeding process in the period 2005-2015, to reproduce horses of the Ukrainian riding breed was chosen 199 sires, including 20 (10,1 %) – Ukrainian Warmblood breed.
The analysis of pedigrees of horses participating in competitions of the international and national level in the period 2000-2015 established that the majority of horses from the sample were purebred and came from the classical lines of the Ukrainian horse breed: Bezpechny, Khobot, Huguenot, Khrustal (52.0 %).
The proportion of horses received from sires of the Trakehnen breed was 20.5 %. It is established that the largest proportion of the winners of the competitions at national level – among the offspring of stallions Trakehnen (61.2 %). The percentage of winners of international competitions among the greatest horses received from stallions of the thoroughbred riding breed (14.7 %).
Thus, it is established that from the beginning of creation to the modern stage of modernization of the Ukrainian Warmblood breed, the significant impact it has had horses of Trakehner breed.
1. Volkov, D. A., & Tkachova, I. V., Latka, O. M., Kunecz`, V. V., Peresada, V. O., Korniyenko, O. O., Lyuty`x, S. V., Gdans’ka, K. V., Rossoxa, V. I., Koval`ova, T. M., Tur, G. M. (2015). Ukrainska verkhova poroda – Ukrainian upper breed / Instytut tvarynnytstva NAAN. Kharkiv [in Ukrainian].
2. Chashkin, I. N., & Shahova, I. S., Dorofeeva, N. V. (1980). Sovremennoe sostojanie trakenenskoj porody i metody ee sovershenstvovanija. GPK trakenenskoj porody loshadej – Тhe current state of the Trakehner breed and methods for its improvement. Moskva, 2, 7–38 [in Russian].
3. Teegen, R. (2008). Analysis of a breeding program using the example of the Trakehner Breeding Association: Doctoral thesis. University Kiel.
4. Teegen R., & Edel C., Thaller G. (2008). Population structure of the Trakehner Horse breed. Animal, 3, 6–15.
5. Demin, V. A. (2011). Sostojanie i puti razvitija polukrovnogo konevodstva Rossii [State and ways of development of half-blood horse breeding in Russia]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis.Moscow [in Russian]. .
6. Volkov, D. A., & Latka, O. M. (1998). Ukraїns’ka verhova poroda konej. [Ukrainian upper horse breed]. Tvarinnictvo Ukraini – Animal husbandry of Ukraine, 5, 17–18 [in Ukraine].
7. Volkov, D. A., & Latka, O. M., Novikov, O. O. (2008). Derzhavna kniga plemіnnih konej ukraїns’koї verhovoї porodi – State book of Ukrainian horse breeding horses. Kiїv : Arіstej, VI [in Ukraine].
8. Belan, P. Ja. (1956). Rezul’taty i metody formirovanija ukrainskogo verhovo-uprjazhnogo tipa loshadej (v konnom zavode № 173) – Results and methods for the formation of Ukrainian horse-riding type horses (in the stud number 173).Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Kiev [in Russian].
9. Volkov, D. A. (1984). Ukrainskaja verhovaja poroda loshadej [Ukrainian horse breed horses]. Gosudarstvennaja plemennaja kniga loshadej ukrainskoj verhovoj porodnoj gruppy – State breeding book of horses of the Ukrainian riding breed group. Kiev, 2, 5–29 [in Russian].
10. Tkachova, I. V. (2018). Efektivnіst’ shreshhuvannja ukraїns’koї verhovoї porodi konej [Efficiency of crossbreeding of Ukrainian horse breed]. Naukovo-tekhnichnyi biuleten Instytutu tvarynnytstva NAAN – Scientific and technical bulletin of the Institute of Animal Science of NAAS. Kharkiv, 120, 140–151 [in Ukraine].
11. Tkachova, I. V. (2018). Formuvannja i rozvytok matochnyh rodyn v ukrai’ns’kij verhovij porodi [Formation and development of mother families in Ukrainian horse breed]. Naukovo-tekhnichnyi biuleten Instytutu tvarynnytstva NAAN – Scientific and technical bulletin of the Institute of Animal Science of NAAS. Kharkiv, 119, 150–157 [in Ukraine].