Keywords: rainbow trout, fish feeding, compound feeds, lysine, methionine, productivity, economic efficiency
The article considers the effectiveness of complete feed with different levels of lysine and methionine for growing rainbow trout up to 10 g. The experiment aimed to establish the effect of different levels of amino acid nutrition of trout on its productivity. For this purpose, five experimental groups of this year were formed by the method of analogues. The experiment lasted 45 days and was divided into two periods: equalization (5 days) and main (40 days). During the equalization period, the experimental fish consumed feed of the control group. In the main period, the level of lysine and methionine in experimental feeds for different experimental groups of trout ranged from 2.8 to 3.2 % and from 0.90 to 1.10 %, respectively.
As a result of research, it was found that the use of trout weighing up to 10 g of feed with high amino acid nutrition (3.1 % lysine, 1.05 % methionine) in the feeding of this year is accompanied by an increase in their weight by 9.2 % (p <0.05) and growth intensity – by 4.1-9.3 %, compared with analogues who consumed feed with the content of lysine of 3.0% and methionine of 1.0%. The reduction of these amino acids to the levels of 2.8 and 0.9 %, respectively, contributes to a probable decrease (p <0.01) in the weight of fish by 14.1 %, and a decrease in growth intensity by 8.7-17.3 %.
It was proved that different levels of amino acid nutrition of young trout significantly (p <0.01) affected the weight of experimental fish. The share of influence of this factor is 61.4 %, which is 22.8 % more than the influence of other factors.
In the course of research, it was determined that when growing rainbow trout this year up to 10 g, feeding them compound feeds with lysine and methionine content of 3.1 and 1.05% helps to reduce feed costs per unit weight gain by 12.5 %, compared with using feeds with levels of these amino acids of 2.8 and 0.9 %, respectively. At the same time, the safety of the experimental fish throughout the experiment corresponded to the normative indicators in trout farming and was in the range of 76.0-77.3 %.
The analysis of the obtained fish farming results showed that for the production of trout products according to the indicators of maximum productivity and economic optimization criteria it is recommended to use complete feed with a level of 3.1% lysine and 1.05% methionine for feeding rainbow trout.
- Yehorov, B. V., & Fihurska, L. V. (2011). Stan ta perspektyvy rozvytku forelivnytstva u rybovodnykh hospodarstvakh Ukrainy [Status and prospects of trout farming development in fish farms of Ukraine]. Zernovi produkty i kombikormy – Grain products and compound feeds, 2, 37–39 [in Ukranian].
- Sherman, I. M., Hrynzhevskyi, M. V., & Zheltov, Yu. O. (2002). Naukove obhruntuvannia ratsionalnoi hodivli ryb [Scientific substantiation of rational feeding of fish]. Kyiv : Vyshcha osvita [in Ukranian].
- Shcherbina, M. A., & Gamygin, E. A. (2006). Kormlenie ryb v presnovodnoj akvakul’ture [Feeding fish in freshwater aquaculture] Moskva : VNIRO [in Ukranian].
- Cowey, C. B. (1992). Nutrition: estimating requirements of rainbow trout.Aquaculture, 100, 177–189.
- FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations) (2016). El estado mundial de la pesca y la acuicultura. Contribución a la seguridad alimentaria y la nutrición para todos. Roma: FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations).
- Jobling, M. (2016). Fish nutrition research : Past, present and future. Aquaculture International, 24, 767–86.
- Bureau, D. P., & Encarnação, P. M. (2006) Adequately Defining the Amino Acid Requirements of Fish: The Case Example of Lysine. Materiales del VIII Simposium Internacional de Nutrición Acuícola (15-17 Novembre 2006). Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León, Monterrey, Nuevo León, México, 29–54.
- Haloian, L. L., Hrytsyniak, I. I., & Drahan, L. P. (2017). Vplyv zghodovuvannia kombikormu «Aller Aqua» na vmist vilnykh aminokyslot u miazakh i pechintsi strumkovoi (Salmo trutta linnaeus, 1758) ta raiduzhnoi (Oncorhynchus mykiss walbaum, 1792) forelei [The effect of feeding “Aller Aqua” feed on the content of free amino acids in the muscles and liver of brown (Salmo trutta linnaeus, 1758) and rainbow (Oncorhynchus mykiss walbaum, 1792) trout]. Rybohospodarska nauka Ukrainy – Fisheries science of Ukraine, 4, 112–119 [in Ukranian].
- Bae, J.-Y., Ok, I.-H., Lee S. S., Hung, S. O. Min, T. S., Bai, S. C. (2011). Reevaluation of dietary methionine requirement by plasma methionine and ammonia concentrations in surgically modified rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss. Asian-Australasian Journal of Animal Sciences,24 (7), 974–981.
- Barnes, М. Е., Brown, M. L., & Rosentrater, K. A. (2012). Juvenile rainbow trout responses to diets containing distillers dried grain with solubles, phytase, and amino acid supplements. Open Journal of Animal Sciences, 2 (2), 69–77.
- Ostroumova, I. N. (2001). Biologicheskie osnovy kormleniya ryb [The biological basis of fish feeding]. Sankt-Peterburg : GONIORH [in Russian].
- Zheltov, Yu. A. (2014). Protein i aminokislotyi v kormah dlya vyiraschivaniya raznogo vida i vozrasta ryib [Protein and amino acids in feed for rearing fish of different species and ages]. Lugansk : ASTRA-Plyus [in Russian].
- Instrukciya po razvedeniyu raduzhnoj foreli [Instructions for breeding rainbow trout] (1985). Moscow : VNIIPRH [in Russian].
- Voda rybohospodarskykh pidpryiemstv. Zahalni vymohy ta normy [Water of fishery enterprises. General requirements and norms]. SOU – 05.01.-37-385:2006. Kyiv : Ministerstvo ahrarnoi polityky Ukrainy [in Russian].
- Plohinskij, N. A. (1969). Rukovodstvo po biometrii dlya zootekhnikov [Biometrics guide for zootechnicians]. Moskva : Kolos [in Russian].