Keywords: ewes, viable building, living mass, reproductive period, lambs, growth rate
Studies were undertaken in the breeding facility of the Іnstitute of Animal Science NAAS “Gontarovka” on sheep 3-8 years of age of the Kharkiv type of breed of Merinos precoce. For this purpose, (early May 2020) the indexes of living mass were certain on electronic scales within 0.1 kg Whereupon animals were contained during May – September at the camp-pascual system with the additional fertilizing by grain of oat for 0.5 kg/ in a day and by a pasture on a natural pasture. Before the artificial insemination living mass of animals and their general increase was also certain for a period of preparation for the new cycle of reproduction, and after lambing their fecundity, the living mass of lambs, was taken into account at birth, in 20 – and 90-day’s age. It is set that the living mass of sheep that in a next reproduction campaign bore lone persons increased for an unreproductive period by 19.8%, at giving birth twins this index grew by 22.2%, and for animals, giving triplet birth increased by 28.2%. Here living mass of sheep, that in a subsequent period had twins and triplets in an initial period of account felt strongly anymore about animals lambed individually on 6.1-7.3%. Thus, the difference between the first and second groups of uteruses appeared high-credible (р<0.001). At the end of the registration period difference on behalf of sheep 2 and 3 groups against the first group increased accordingly to 9.3% (р<0.001) and 13.5% (р<0.05). The average daily increases of lambs for the period from their birth to 20 days ha have a sufficiently clear connection with the indexes of increase of living mass of their mothers in the period of preparation for the new cycle of reproduction.
The average daily gain of yags for the period from their birth to 20 days is quite clearly related to the growth rates of live weight of their mothers in preparation for the new cycle of reproduction. The maximum average gain of lambs was obtained from ewes, the increase in live weight of which in the study period ranged from 10 to 15.9 kg. On this basis, lambs exceeded the results of peers from 6.1 to 17.9%. The indexes of living mass of eves before their insemination have positive coefficients of correlations with a living mass of lambs at wean from mother, and also average daily increases of lambs for the first 20 days of their life. They were made according to 0.346, 0.243 and 0.113.
- Pomitun, I. A., Kosova, N. O., Ryazanov, P. O., Boyko, N. V. & Kravtsov, A. V. (2013). Produktyvnist ovets riznykh henotypiv, oderzhanykh na promizhnomu etapi stvorennia tvaryn spetsializovanoho m’iasnoho typu [Productivity of sheep of different genotypes obtained at the intermediate stage of creation of animals of specialized meat type]. Naukovo-tekhnichnyi biuleten Instytutu tvarynnytstva NAAN – Scientific and technical bulletin of the Institute of Animal Science NAAS. Kharkiv, 109, 142–146 [in Ukrainian].
- Pokhil, V. I., Pokhil, O. M., Linsky, O. V. & Golynska, O. Y. (2017). Promyslove skhreshchuvannia u vivcharstvi za uchasti porody sharole [Industrial crossbreeding in sheep breeding with the participation of the Charolais breed]. Naukovyi visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu bioresursiv i pryrodokorystuvannia Ukrainy: Seriia «Tekhnolohiia vyrobnytstva i pererobky produktsii tvarynnytstva» – Scientific Bulletin of the National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine: Series “Technology of production and processing of livestock products.” Kyiv, 271, 148–157 [in Ukrainian].
- Zaruba, K. V. & Drozd, S. L. (2017). Rezultaty vykorystannia miasnykh henotypiv na vivtsiakh askaniiskoi porody [The results of the use of meat genotypes in sheep Askanian breed]. Naukovyi visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu bioresursiv i pryrodokorystuvannia Ukrainy: Seriia «Tekhnolohiia vyrobnytstva i pererobky produktsii tvarynnytstva» – Scientific Bulletin of the National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine. Series “Technology of production and processing of livestock products.” Kyiv, 271, 95-102 [in Ukrainian].
- Zaruba, K. V. & Drozd, S. L. (2018). Miasna produktyvnist molodniaku za promyslovoho skhreshchuvannia ovets askaniiskoi tonkorunnoi porody z miasnymy henotypamy [Meat productivity of young animals by industrial crossing of Askanian fine-wooled sheep with meat genotypes]. Vivcharstvo i kozivnytstvo – Sheep and goat breeding. Nova Kakhovka: Piel, 39-47 [in Ukrainian].
- Zaruba, K. V., Drozd, S. L. & Gladiy, I. A. (2019). Rezultaty skreshchyvanyia baranov-proyzvodytelei zarubezhnoi selektsyy s ovtsematkamy askanyiskoi tonkorunnoi porody [Results of crossing of sheep-producers of foreign selection with ewes of Askanian fine-wool breed]. Vivcharstvo i kozivnytstvo – Sheep and goat breeding. Nova Kakhovka: Piel, 34-42 [in Russian].
- Nezhlukchenko, N. V. (2015). Vidtvoriuvalni yakosti ovets tavriiskoho typu askaniiskoi tonkorunnoi porody zalezhno vid pokhodzhennia [Reproductive qualities of sheep of the Taurian type of Askanian fine-wooled breed, depending on the origin]. Visnyk Sumskoho natsionalnoho ahrarnoho universytetu. Seriia «Tvarynnytstvo» – Bulletin of Sumy National Agrarian University. «Livestock» series, 2(27), 175–179 [in Ukrainian].
- deNicolo, G., Morris, S. T., Kenyon, P. R., Kemp, P. D. & Morel, P. C. H. (2008). Ewe reproduction and lambing performance in a five period mating system, New Zealand Journal of Agricultural Research, 51, 4, 397-407. DOI: 10.1080/00288230809510470
- Notter, D. R., Mousel, M. R., Leeds, T. D., Lewis, G. S. & Taylor, J. B. (2018). Effects of rearing triplet lambs on ewe productivity, lamb survival and performance, and future ewe performance. Jornal Animal Science, 96(12), 4944–4958, DOI: 10.1093/jas/sky364
- Pesántez-Pacheco, J. L., Heras-Molina, A., Torres-Rovira, L., Sanz-Fernández, M. V., Contreras, C. G., Gómez, M. V. & Astiz, S.(2019). Influence of Maternal Factors (Weight, Body Condition, Parity, and Pregnancy Rank) on Plasma Metabolites of Dairy Ewes and Their Lambs. Animals (Basel), 9(4), 122. DOI: 10.3390/ani 9040122
- Gaskins, C. T., Snowder, G. D., Westman, M. K., & Evans, M. (2005). Influence of body weight, age, and weight gain on fertility and prolificacy in four breeds of ewe lambs. Jornal Animal Science, 83(7), 1680-1689. DOI: https://doi: 10.2527/2005.8371680x.
- Thompsom, A. N., Bowen, E., Keiller, J., Pegler, D., Kearney, G., & Rosales-Nieto, C. A. (2021). The Number of Offspring Weaned from Ewe Lambs Is Affected Differently by Liveweight and Age at Breeding. Animals, 11(9), 2733-2747. DOI: https://doi.org/10.3390/ani11092733.