Keywords: haylage, hay, triticale, rye, nutrients, chemical composition, dry matter
The stated material provides a comparative analysis of the results of a study of the chemical composition and nutritional value of haylage and hay harvested from spring and winter grain crops, both with and without preservative. The content and ratio of acids in canned foods were determined, in particular, the predominance of lactic acid and the absence of butyric. It was found that with an increase in the dry matter content in the mass that was laid, the pH decreased. At the same time, an increase in the total titratable acidity and the accumulation of lactic and acetic acids was noted.
Using the content of butyric and acetic acids, as well as the pH, the fermentation coefficient was calculated and the absence of a significant difference behind this indicator between feeds was calculated, regardless of the harvesting technology.
As a result of the studies, it was found that canned feed from vetch-oat mix and winter triticale have an energy concentration close to 10 MJ / kg CB, and this indicator is almost not inferior to corn silage, exceeding the silage prepared from joint crops of corn and sorghum. Harvesting canned food from winter triticale and rye using silage technology, both with and without a preservative, allows to obtain feed with a DOE concentration of 0.10-0.21 MJ and 0.22-0.43 MJ / kg CB higher , in comparison with feed prepared according to the technology of harvesting haylage.
Considering the chemical composition and concentration of DOE in the green mass of the vetch-oat mixture and the feed obtained from it, the best option should be considered a blank of non-feed using silage technology, both using a preservative and without it, and hay.
The results of studies of the chemical composition and nutritional value of feed from spring and winter grain crops indicate the possibility of increasing the efficiency of the use of arable land occupied under feed crops.
- Adamenko, T. (2017). Globalnaya zagroza # 1, # 2 – zmIni klImatu [Global Threat No. 1, No. 2 – Winter Climate]. Retrieved from : http://agro-business.com.ua/agro/hist-nomera/item/1693-tetiana-adamenko-hlobalna-zahroza-1-teroryzm-2-zminy-klimatu.html
- Drozdov, S. (2009). Ye Rezervi [There are reserves]. Agrobiznes sogodni – Agrobiznes sogodni, 15–16, 26–27 [in Ukrainian].
- Gnoyevij, I. V. (2006). Udoskonalennya kormovoyi bazi v gospodarstvah za cilorichnoyi odnotipnoyi godivli velikoyi rogatoyi hudobi [Improvement of the fodder base in economies at annual one-type feeding of cattle]. Naukovo-tekhnichnyi biuleten Instytutu tvarynnytstva UAAN – Scientific and Technical Bulletin The institute of animal science, UAAS. Kharkiv, 92, 25–31 [in Ukrainian].
- Winter cereals for silage. Dairy Ausnralia. – Retrieved from : https://www.dairyaustralia.com.au/-/media/dairyaustralia/documents/farm/pasture-management/pasture/pasture-types/winter-cereals-for-silage.pdf
- Bagg, J. Double Cropping Fall Rye for Extra Forage. – Retrieved from : http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/crops/facts/fallrye.htm
- Ferreira, G., Brown, A. N., Thomason, W. E., Teutsch, C. D. Comparative Nutritional Quality of Winter Crops for Silage. – Retrieved from : https://www.nrcs.usda.gov/wps/PA_NRCSConsumption/download?cid=nrcseprd1365419&ext=pdf
- Geren, H. (2014). Dry matter yield and silage quality of some winter cereals harvested at different stages under mediterranean climate conditions. Turkish Journal of Field Crops, 19(2), 197–202. – Retrieved from : https://dergipark.org.tr/ download/article-file/158601
- Bogdarev, V. A., Kosolapov, V. M., Pobednov, Ju. A., Panov, A. A., Ahlamov, Ju. D., Otroshko, S. A., Popov, V. V., Sokolkov, V. M., Klimenko, V. P., & Mamaev, A. A. (2008). Provedenie opytov po konservirovaniju i hraneniju obyomistyh kormov [Conducting experiments on the conservation and storage of forage]. Moscow : Gosudarstvennoe nauchnoe uchrezhdenie Vserossiyskiy nauchno-issledovatelskiy institut kormov State Scientific Institution All-Russian Research Institute of Feed [in Russian].
- Cjupko, V. V., Pronina, V. V., Berus, M. V., Bublik, V. I., Vasilevskij, N. V., Zlobina, G. S., Kutikov, E. S, Muhin, S. M., Osenev, A. V., Pivovar K., Rosso, L. N., Solovyova, T. L., & Starikov, V. V. (1989). Metodicheskie rekomendacii po normirovaniju jenergii v kormlenii krupnogo rogatogo skota [Guidelines for the regulation of energy in feeding cattle]. Har’kov [in Russian].
- Futterkonservierung: Silagebereitung, Siliermittel, Dosiergeräte, Silofolien (2006). Frankfurt am Main : DLG-Verl.