Keywords: immunobacterin-D, feed additive, calves, bactericidal activity, live weight gain, probiotics, natural resistance, nonspecific immunity, Bacillus subtilis, Bacillus licheniformis, Saccharomyces cerevisiae
To improve the adaptation of the pancreatic microflora to changes in the diets of calves and for the rational use of feed, in intensive cultivation, it is desirable to change the composition of feed probiotic supplements according to the age of the animals.
Each age group of calves responds differently to live weight gain on probiotic feed additives. Feed supplement Immunobacterin-D containing Bacillus subtilis, Bacillus licheniformis has a positive effect on natural resistance, increases the average daily gain and has a preventive effect on diseases of the digestive tract of calves. But for 2 months of continuous feeding can cause suppression of natural resistance of some animals. When baker’s yeast is added to the feed additive (B. subtilis, B. licheniformis 1 × 1010 CFU / g, Sascharomyces cerevisiae 1 × 109 CFU / g), the dry form of the product makes it possible to feed it with compound feed. The use of immunobacterin-D with yeast in 3-month-old calves in experimental animals in the clinical examination for fatness and coat condition looked better. Calves of the experimental group during this period added in increments of 276 g in the previous month, the arithmetic mean of the average daily gain of live weight was 820 ± 180 g, and in the current 1096 ± 90 g, which indicates a positive effect of yeast (especially live) on the productivity of calves at this age.
For studies on heifers in a farm with lower average daily gains in live weight, we received a smaller percentage increase in gains with the use of feed probiotic supplement Immunobacterin-D with baker’s yeast. When adding to the feed additives at a dose of 40 g and 20 g to heifers 350–400 kg live weight of the animal had an average daily gain of live weight in the first group of 500 ± 17 g, in the second 440 ± 30 g, and in the control 414 ± 12 g, which is 20.8 and 6.3 % more than in the control group. The use of yeast in feed additives confirms the pattern of increasing the percentage of additional average daily gain. That is, with higher average daily gains, we get a higher percentage of additional growth from feeding a probiotic feed additive containing baker’s yeast.
- Polishchuk, V. V., Reznyk, V. A., Lytvyn, V. P., & Vyunytska S. R. (1995). Influence of bacterin-SL on the intensity of specific immunity in calves [Vplyv bakterynu-SL na napruzhenist spetsyfichnoho imunitetu u teliat]. Zhurnal Tvarynnytstvo Ukrainy – Animal Husbandry of Ukraine, 7, 17. [in Ukrainian].
- Smirnov, V. V., Reznik, V. A., Vyunytska, S. R., & Lytvyn, V. P. (1995). Influence of a complex probiotic of a sporolact on a microbiocenosis of intestines of warm-blooded [Vlyianye kompleksnoho probyotyka sporolakta na mykrobyotsenoz kyshechnyka teplokrovnykh]. Mykrobyolohycheskyi zhurnal – Microbiological Journal, 4, 42–49. [in Russian].
- Bortnichuk, V. A., Skibitsky, V. G., & Ibatullina, F. J. (2007). Veterinary microbiology [Veterynarna mikrobiolohiia]: (2nd ed., Reworked. and add). Vinnytsia: New book [in Ukrainian].
- Kalachnyuk G., & Kalachnyuk L. (2015).Aspect of symbiosis in the development of biotechnological foundations for improving animal productivity. Bulletin of Lviv University. The series is biological. 70, 3–17. [in Ukrainian].
- Kovalenko, V. F. (2010). Influence of separate microbiotic preparations on digestive processes [Vplyv okremykh mikrobiotychnykh preparativ na protsesy travlennia] Veterynarna medytsyna Ukrainy – Veterinary medicine of Ukraine, 13, 58. [in Ukrainian].
- Tishkova, T., & Krasinko, V. (2018). Enrichment of yeast with micronutrients [Zbahachennia drizhdzhiv mikronutriientamy]. II Mizhnarodna naukova konferentsiia «Biotekhnolohiia: dosvid, tradytsii ta innovatsii» Natsionalnyi universytet kharchovykh tekhnolohii, kafedra biotekhnolohii i mikrobiolohii – II International Scientific Conference “Biotechnology: Experience, Traditions and Innovations” National University of Food Technology, Department of Biotechnology and Microbiology. Kyiv, 83. [in Ukrainian].
- Akimenko, L. (2005). Probiotics in veterinary medicine [Probiotyky u veterynarnii medytsyni.] Veterynarna medytsyna Ukrainy – Veterinary medicine of Ukraine. 5. 37–38. [in Ukrainian].
- Gainetdinov, M. F. (1978). Racional’noe ispol’zovanie othodov pishhevoj promyshlennosti v zhivotnovodstve [Rational use of food industry waste in animal husbandry]: (Ed. 2nd ext. and rework). Moscow [in Russian].
- Kovalenko, M. A. (1960). M’iasna vidhodivlia svynei [Meat fattening of pigs] Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
- Loginova, Z. V. (2012). Malen’kie drozhzhi dlja bol’shogo moloka: [Small yeast for large milk] Kormoproizvodstvo – Feed production, 2, 9. [in Ukrainian].
- Lytvynenko, V. M. (2017). Osoblyvosti zastosuvannia probiotyku imunobakteryn-D [Features of the use of probiotics immunobacterin- D]. Naukovi dopovidi Natsionalnoho universytetu bioresursiv i pryrodokorystuvannia Ukrainy – Scientific reports of the National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine. Kyiv. p. 8 http://journals.nubip.edu.ua/index.php/Dopovidi/article/view/8484 [in Ukrainian].
- Graham, C., & Simmons, N. L. (2005). Functional organization of the bovine rumen epithelium. Am. J. Physiol. Regul. Integrate Comp. Physiol, 288, January, R173–R181. DOI: 10.1152 / ajpregu.00425.2004
- Bezpalko, A. V. (2015). Efektyvnist zastosuvannia novykh sukhykh drizhdzhovykh preparativ u hodivli vysokoproduktyvnykh koriv [The effectiveness of new dry yeast preparations in the feeding of highly productive cows]. Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Vinnytsia [in Ukrainian].
- Davletova, L. V., Shelyanova, L. V., Kruglyakov, P. P., & Demyadova, T. V. (1988). Jelektronnomikroskopicheskoe i gistohimicheskoe issledovanie jepitelija predzheludkov zhvachnyh zhivotnyh v ontogeneze [Electron microscopic and histochemical study of the epithelium of the pancreas of ruminants in ontogenesis] Sel’skohozjajstvennaja biologija – Agricultural Biology, 4, 52–55. [in Russian].
- Devyatkin, A. I., & Liventsev, M. M. (1996). Ratsionalne vykorystannia kormiv v promyslovomu tvarynnytstvi [Rational use of feed in industrial animal husbandry]. Kyiv : Urodje, 87 [in Ukrainian].