Keywords: pig breeding, productivity, feeding, stocking density
The article presents the results of studying the effect of stocking density on the productivity of pigs while rearing.The research was conducted in PE “Kalynsky Klyuch” p. Kalyna Kamyanets, Podilskyi district, Khmelnytsky region. The scientific and economic experiment was performed by the method of analogous pairs, with a total duration of 73 days. The experiment was performed on young pigs for rearing. Animals were selected into groups based on age, life weight, health status, sex, fatness and growth energy during the preparation period. Four groups of pigs were formed. During the experiment, the animals were weighed, feed intake was taken into account, and their health was monitored. The productivity of young animals was determined according to the monthly individual weighing of animals, which were carried out 1-2 hours before morning feeding, and feed costs – based on group accounting. All data obtained in the experiment were processed biometrically.
According to the results of the research, it was found that the most optimal is the density of pigs at the rate of 2.58 heads / m2. Analysis of the dynamics of live weight of experimental animals showed that with the same weight of piglets since the beginning of the rearing period and till the end of it, the weight of the animals differed significantly.
The highest average live weight was recorded in the second experimental group, where there are 2.58 heads per 1 m2 of pigsty – 27.4 kg, and the lowest in the fourth experimental group, with a livestock density of 3.42 heads / m2, – 25.4 kg. The animals of the first control group (1.75 heads / m2) have a live weight of 27.3 kg, and the animals of the third experimental group (3.42 heads / m2) – 4.0% less.
For farms in the fodder with natural and climatic conditions of the region, ready to use fodder as efficiently as possible and to obtain the maximum productivity of 4-breed hybrid piglets during the rearing period, we suggest using the livestock density at the level of 2.58 heads / m2 of the pigsty. Taking the recommendations into account is the way to achieve successful results in pig farming.
- Akimov, S., & Peretyatko, L. (2012). Zbilshuvaty vyrobnytstvo svynyny [Increase pork production]. Tvarynnytstvo Ukrainy – Livestock of Ukraine, 11, 12-13 [in Ukrainian].
- Ivanov, V. O., & Guk, M. S. (2019). Streschutlyvist chystoporodnykh ta pomisnykh svynei [Stress sensitivity of purebred and local pigs]. Naukovo tekhnichnyi biuleten Instytutu tvarynnytstva NAAN – The Scientific and Technical Bulletin of the Institute of Animal Science NAAS of Ukraine, 121, 121-127. DOI: 10.32900 / 2312-8402-2019-121-121-127 [in Ukrainian].
- Kaletnik G. M., Kulik M. F., Petrichenko V. F. Khorishko V. F. & Skoromna O. I. (2007). Osnovy perspektyvnykh tekhnolohii vyrobnytstva produktsii tvarynnytstva [Fundamentals of promising technologies for livestock production]. Vinnytsia : Enozis Human Rights Center LLC [in Ukrainian].
- Kryatov, O., & Kryatova, R. (2012). Zaloh prybutkovosti u svynarstvi – resursozberezhennia [The key to profitability in pig farming – resource conservation]. Silskyi chas – Rural time. 5 [in Ukrainian].
- Palaguta, A. (2005). Shliakhy pidvyshchennia vedennia haluzi svynarstva [Ways to improve the management of the pig industry]. Tvarynnytstvo Ukrainy – Livestock of Ukraine, 10. 22 march, 9–10 [in Ukrainian].
- Provatorov, G. V. & Provatorov, V. O. (2004). Hodivlia silskohospodarskykh tvaryn [Feeding farm animals]. Sumy : University Book [in Ukrainian].
- Rybalko, V. P., Melnik, Y. F., Nagaevich, V. M. & Gerasimov, V. I. (2011). Porody svynei v Ukraini [Breeds of pigs in Ukraine]. Kharkiv : Espada [in Ukrainian].
- Sikun, M. V. (2020). Vplyv tekhnolohichnykh i konstruktyvnykh osoblyvostei pryhotuvannia i rozdavannia kormiv v hrupakh na osnovni pokaznyky mikroklimatu v hrupovykh stankakh dlia porosiat vikom vid odnoho do trokh misiatsiv [The influence of technological and design features of preparation and distribution of feed in groups on the main indicators of the microclimate in group machines for piglets aged one to three months]. Naukovo-tekhnichnyi biuleten tvarynnytstva NAAN – The Scientific and Technical Bulletin of the Institute of Animal Science NAAS of Ukraine. Kharkiv, 123. 156–166. DOI: 10.32900 / 2312-8402-2020-123-156-166 [in Ukrainian].
- Tserenyuk, O. M., Akimov, O. V., Martyniuk, I. M., Khvatova, M. A., Chereuta, Y. V. & Tserenyuk, M. V. (2018). Perspektyvy podalshoho rozvedennia malochyselnykh populiatsii svynei [Prospects for further breeding of small populations of pigs]. Naukovo-tekhnichnyi biuleten Instytutu tvarynnytstva NAAN – The Scientific and Technical Bulletin of the Institute of Animal Science NAAS of Ukraine. Kharkiv, 118, 199–208 [in Ukrainian].
- Shuplyk, V. V., Bulatovich, O. M., Evstafiieva, Y. M., Ponko L. P., Gavrilenko A. V. & Lenkov L. G. (2016). Tekhnolohiia vyrobnytstva produktsii svynarstva [Technology of pig production]. Kamyanets-Podilsky : Publisher PE Zvoleyko D. G. [in Ukrainian].