Keywords: cow watering, flute drinkers, additional watering, milk productivity of cows, rumination, consumption of dry matter of the diet, bacterial seed content of milk
The results of studies on changing the technology of drinking for dairy cows by installing an additional trough-type drinker on the route of cows from the milking parlor to the main housing are presented. For this, a scientific and economic experiment was carried out according to the method of groups of periods on 65 cows of the second third of lactation.
It was found that for 2–3 days after the installation for additional watering, the cows began to linger near the additional watering devices and quickly consumed running water during the first 0.5 minutes. As a result, the concentration of cows near the drinking bowls in the main cow house was visually reduced.
Changes in cows’ drinking patterns led to an increase in dry matter consumption of the diet by 5.3 % and a gradual increase in the frequency of cicatricial contractions. The change in drinking water provided an increase in the average daily milk yield in cows by 1.03 kg or 4.79 %. In addition, there has been a tendency towards an increase in the percentage of protein and dry matter in milk. Improvement of water supply to the body of cows due to changes in drinking technology contributed to an increase in the microbiological purity of milk, which was reflected in a decrease in bacterial seed production from 305.3 to 297.9 thousand / cm3.
The return of cow watering technology to the standard principle led to the return of productivity indicators to their original level. Therefore, it can be argued about the advisability of using the selected technological method of additional drinking.
- Babiy, (2012). Vlijanie poenija na udoj [Influence of drinking on milk yield], 3, 21–23. [in Russian].
- Gordeev, V. A., Khazanov, V. E., & Yakovleva, A. E. (2016). Algoritm raschjota i vybor poilok dlja korov [Calculation algorithm and choice of drinking bowls for cows]. Izvestija Velikolukskoj gosudarstvennoj sel’skohozjajstvennoj akademii – Bulletin of the Velikie Luki State Agricultural Academy. Velikie Luki, 2, 24–28. [in Russian].
- Vtoryj V. F., Vtoryj S. V. & Zajcev I. S. (2011). Monitoring vodopotreblenija – put’ k snizheniju jekologicheskogo ushherba pri proizvodstve moloka [Monitoring of water consumption – a way to reduce environmental damage in milk production]/ Sankt-Peterburg : GNU SZNIIMJeSH Rossel’hozakademii, 104–109. [in Russian].
- Marchenko, G. M. (1996). Fiziologija funkcional’noj sistemy laktacii : Teorija i praktika – [Physiology of the functional system of lactation : theory and practice]. Kishinev [in Russian].
- Meshcheryakov, V. P., & Shevelev N. S. (2011). Krovosnabzhenie vymeni korov i sekrecija moloka v raznye periody laktacii [Blood supply to the udder of cows and milk secretion in different periods of lactation]. Sel’skohozjajstvennaja biologija. Serija: Biologija zhivotnyh, 2, 77–80. [in Russian].
- Skotarski pidpryiemstva (kompleksy, fermy, mali fermy) – Livestock enterprises (complexes, farms, small farms) (2005): VNTP – APK–01.05. Kyiv : Minahropolytyky [in Ukrainian].
- Smunev V. I., Slavetsky V. B., Motuzko N. S. Brylo I. V., Razumovsky N. P., & Pakhomov I. Ya. (2014). Tehnologicheskie i fiziologicheskie aspekty vyrashhivanija vysokoproduktivnyh korov [Technological and physiological aspects of raising highly productive cows]. Vitebsk: VGAVM [in Russian].
- Podobied, L. I., Oleksandrov, S. M., Rudenko, Ye. V., Pomitun, I. A., Kosov,M. O., Antonenko, S. F., Zolotarov, A. P., Brezvin, O. M., & Levytskyi, T. R. (2020). Technological, feed and veterinary aspects of the growth of highly productive cows [Tekhnolohichni, kormovi ta veterynarni aspekty vyroshchuvannia vysokoproduktyvnykh koriv]. Kharkiv : Instytut tvarynnytstva NAAN [in Ukrainian].
- Trukhachev, I., Kapustin, I. V., Zlydnev, N. Z., & Kapustina, E. I. (2016). Moloko : sostojanie i problemy proizvodstva [Milk: state and problems of production]. Stavropol’ : Aґrus [in Russian].
- Hans Joachim Hermann Drinking cows [Hans Johim German Poenie korov. URL : https://agrovesti.net/lib/tech/feeding-tech/poenie-korov-skolko-vody-nuzhno-korovam-i-kak-podobrat-poilki.html].