Keywords: feeding technology, dairy cows, protected protein, milk productivity, multicriteria analysis
One of the important parts of the technology of industrial milk production is the organization of the technology of feeding dairy cows, as in the cost of milk feeding costs reach 70%. To determine the effectiveness of the introduction of new approaches to the organization of feeding dairy cows, it is necessary to conduct a more detailed analysis – not only to determine the impact on dairy productivity, but also to take into account the economic component.
Obtaining high milk yields is impossible due to unbalanced rations, poor quality feed and imperfect feed preparation technology. The use in practice of new approaches in balancing feeding rations allows to achieve the tasks at lower cost.
The elements of feeding technology of dairy cows were introduced and the efficiency of using high-energy protein supplement with protected protein TEP-mix on two groups of dairy cows with a productivity of 15–20 kg per day was determined. The introduction of the proposed supplement to the diet provided an increase in the content of undigested protein in the rumen from 24.0 % to 34.0 % in the diet. This allowed not only to increase the milk productivity of cows, but also to improve the quality of milk. It was found that with the introduction of supplements in cows of the experimental group, in the rations of which used TEP-mix, the daily milk yield of cows increased by an average of 3.68 kg (from 12.0 to 15.68 kg), and in terms on the basic fat content – by 5.45 kg (from 13.24 to 18.68 kg), the fat content – by 0.30 abs. % (from 3.75 to 4.05 %), protein – by 0, 27 abs. % (from 2.95 to 3.22). At the same time, the average daily income per 1 cow in the sale of basic fat milk increased by UAH 41.65. (from UAH 26.46 to UAH 68.11), and the profit per 1 kg of milk of basic fat content – by UAH 1.65. (from UAH 2.00 to UAH 3.65). Based on multicriteria analysis, it was found that when using different approaches to the organization of feeding technology for dairy cows, the one that uses the additive TEP-mix with protected protein is more profitable.
- Normy potrebnostej molochnogo skota v pitatel’nyh veshhestvah v SShA [Norms of the needs of dairy cattle in nutrients in the US] (2007). Moscow [in Russian]
- Kalashnikov, V. Strekozov, N. I., Chinarov, I. I. (2003). Gosudarstvennoe regulirovanie proizvodstva zhivotnovodcheskoj produkcii neobhodimo [State regulation of livestock production is necessary] Zootehnija. 2003, 8, 2–10 [in Russian].
- Bojarskij, L. , Jumashev N. Ju. (2005). Povyshenie pitatel’nosti kormov i ispol’zovanija kormovogo proteina [Increased feed nutrition and use of fodder protein]. Molochnoe i mjasnoe skotovodstvo, 3, 13–14 [in Russian].
- Alstrup, M. R., Weisbjerg, L. Hymоller, M. K. Larsen, P., Lund, & Nielsen M.O. (2014). Milk production response to varying protein supply is independent of forage digestibility in dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci., 97, 4412–4422 https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.2013-7585
- Podobied, L. , Rudenko Ye. V., Pilipchenko A. V., Sediuk I. Ye., Vasylevskyi M. V., & Zolotarov A. P. (2019). Baipas kormovi produkty – kardynalni rishennia stabilnosti vysokoho udoiu i zbilshennia produktyvnoho dovholittia koriv [Bypass Feed Products – Cardinal Solutions of High Body Stability and Increasing Productive Longevity of Cows]. Naukovo-tekhnichnyi biuleten Instytutu tvarynnytstva NAAN – The Scientific and Technical Bulletin of the Snstitute of Animal Science NAAS of Ukraine. Kharkiv. 122, 147–154. DOI: 10.32900/2312-8402-2019-122-147-154 [in Ukrainian].
- Sediuk, I. Ye., Zolotarov, P., Dubynskyi, O. L., Kravchenko, Yu. S., Yeletska, L. M., Prusova, H. L., Rudenko, Ye. V., Rusko, N. P., & Chushak, Ye. H. (2019). Vplyv zakhyshchenykh vid rozshcheplennia u rubtsi proteiniv ta nezaminnykh aminokyslot na produktyvnist ta yakist moloka koriv [Influence protected from splitting in protein scars and indispensable amino acids on productivity and quality of milk of cows]. Naukovo-tekhnichnyi biuleten Instytutu tvarynnytstva NAAN – The Scientific and Technical Bulletin of the Snstitute of Animal Science NAAS of Ukraine. Kharkiv, 190–197. DOI: 10.32900/2312-8402-2019-122-190-197 [in Ukrainian].
- Toledo, M. Z., Baez, M., Garcia-Guerra, A., Lobos, N. E., Guenther, J. N., Trevisol, E., Luchini, D., Shaver, R. D., & Wiltbank, M. C. (2017). Effect of feeding rumen-protected methionine on productive and reproductive performance of dairy cows. PLoS ONE, 12(12), e0189117. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0189117
- Tiwari, M., P., Pant S., Acharya M., Thapa P., & Shrestha B. (2018). Effect of bypass protein supplement on milk production in Jersey cow. Bangladesh Journal of Animal Science, 47 (2), 98–104. https://doi.org/10.3329/bjas.v47i2.40253
- Thapa, P., Pandey T., Acharya R., & Dhital, B. (2019). Effect of by-pass protein supplements on milk production of dairy cattle. Journal of Agriculture and Natural Resources,2(1), 171– https://doi.org/10.3126/janr.v2i1.26062
- Mane, S. , Mandakmale S. D., Nimbalkar C. A., Kankhare D. H. & Lokhande, A. T. (2017). Economics of feeding protected protein and protected fat on crossbred cattle. Indian J. Anim. Res., 51 (6), 1080-1085. DOI: 10.18805/ijar.v0iOF.9121
- Piskun, V. I., Yatsenko, Yu. V., & Yatsenko, Yu. Yu. (2020). The concept of optimization of technological solutions of agricultural production. Modern engineering and innovative technologies. Heutiges Ingenieurwesen und innovative Technologien: International periodic scientific journal. 2020. № 12. P. 5–12. DOI : 10.30890/2567-5273.2020-12-01-015
- Normy i ratsiony povnotsinnoi hodivli vysokoproduktyvnoi velykoi rohatoi khudoby: dovidnyk-posibnyk [Norms and rations of full feeding of high-performance cattle: guide-guide]. Kyiv: Ahrar. Nauka [in Ukrainian].