Keywords: pigs, fertility, multi-fertilization, multiplicity of insemination, seasons of the year
The article hightlights the study of sows multiplicity of insemination effect at different seasons of the year to the indices of its fertility and multi-fertilization. During double insemination in spring, it was found that in the control group of sows from 30 animals the 24 heads or 80 % were fertilized, whereas in the experimental group (3-time insemination) with the same number of animals the 27 sows were fertilized, which is 90 %. According to the results of the farrowings, the fertility of the sows was higher in the experimental group – 12.5 %, and the fertility rates – 7.9 % were significantly higher (P>0.95) compared with the control animals, which were 2-time inseminated.
In the summer, it was found that in the control group of 30 sows (which were inseminated twice), 23 heads or 76.6 % were fertilized, whereas in the experimental group (3-time insemination) with the same number of animals, 25 sows were fertilized, which is 83.3 %. According to the results of experiments, sows fertility was higher in the experimental group – 8.6 %, and the fertility rates – 6.8 % (P>0.95) compared with the control group (2-time insemination).
Comparing the reproductive ability of sows of the control groups in spring and summer, it was found that the difference between the numbers of fertilized sows was insignificant and was 4.2 %, and the fertility rates were 2.8 % better in favor of sows which were inseminated in the spring.
At 3-time insemination, fertility rates in sows of the experimental group prevailed by 7.5 % over those of animals that were inseminated during the summer season. The difference between the multiplicity of research groups of sows shows an advantage of 3.7 % for spring inseminated sows. According to research data, it has been established that the use of 3-time insemination of sows both in spring and summer season of the year allows increasing the indices of reproductive ability by 3.4 % compared with 2-time insemination.
- Kostenko, О. І, &Voloshchuk, V. M., Hryshyna, L. P., Onyshchenko, O. A. (2019). Prohrama selektsiyi ukrayins’koyi m’yasnoyi porody svyney v Ukrayinina 2019–2025 roky – The program of selection of Ukrainian breeds of pigs in Ukraine for 2019-2025 / IP and APN NAAN, LLC “Firm” Techservice “,Poltava, 47 [in Ukrainian].
- Martyniuk,I. M, & Tsereniuk, O. M., Akimov, O.V., Stryzhak T. A., Chereuta Y. U. (2018). Biolohichni pokaznyky spermy knuriv ta yikh vplyv na kilkist otrymanykh spermodoz [Biological indices of semen of hams and their influence on the number of spermaids received]. Naukovo-tekhnichnyy byuleten` Instytutу tvarynnytstva UAAN– Scientific and Technical Bulletin of the Institute of Animal Sciences UAAS. Kharkiv, 120, 63–69 [in Ukrainian].
- Martyniuk,I. M. (2017). Udoskonalennya systemy vidtvorennya svyney. [Improvement of the system of reproduction of pigs]. Ahrarnyy tyzhden. Ukrayina – Agrarianweek. Ukraine. 6, 61–63 [in Ukrainian].
- Tsereniuk, O., & Tsereniuk, M., Akimov, O., Paliy, A., Nanka, O., Shkromada, O., Pomitun, I.(2018). Dependence of sows’ productivity on the reason of their culling, in index selection. Porc Res., 8 (1), 17–23.
- Lisichenko, N. L.,Belikov, A. A., Stolyarov, O. V., Temir, O. I., Kovtun, V. N. (2002).Pidvyshchennya efektyvnosti shtuchnoho osimeninnya svynomatok [Increasing the effectiveness of artificial insemination of sows]. Problemy ooinzheneriyi ta veterynarnoyi medytsyny – Problems of zoinengineering and veterinary medicine / Kharkiv. State zoovet acad.Kharkiv, 11 (35), 279–284 [in Ukrainian].
- Baban’,O.I. Faktory vplyvu na zaplidnennist svynomatok [Factors influencing suckling of sows ]. Аccess mode: pigua.info/uk/technews/[in Ukrainian].
- Tserenyuk,O. M., & Tserenyuk, M. V, Chalyy, O. I., Chalaya O. S. (2018). Vplyv kratnosti osimeninnya svynomatok na spivvidnoshennya stati porosyat v hnizdakh [Influence of multiplicity of insemination of sows on sex ratio of piglets in nests], / Veterynariya, tekhnolohiya tvarynnytstva ta pryrodokorystuvannya – Veterinary science, livestock technology and nature management / Kharkiv State ZooVeterinary Academy Kharkiv, 1, 145–147 [in Ukrainian].
- Tserenyuk,M. V. (2018). Vplyv kratnosti shtuchnoho osimeninnya svynomatok na yikh vidtvoryuvalnu zdatnist [Influence of multiplicity of artificial insemination of sows on their reproductive ability]. / Naukovo-tekhnichnyy byuleten`Instytuty tvarynnytstva UAAN – Scientific and Technical Bulletin of theInstitute of Fnimal Sciencts UAAS. Kharkiv, 119, 165–173[in Ukrainian].
- Yablonskyy V. A., Khomin,S. P., Kalinovskyy, H. M. et al (2006). Veterynarne akusherstvo, hinekolohiya ta biotekhnolohiya vidtvorennya tvaryn z osnovamy androlohiyi – Veterinary obstetrics, gynecologyand biotechnology of reproductionanimals with the basics of andrology. New Book, Kyiv, 10–13 [in Ukrainian].
- Ibatullin,I. I., & Zhukors`kiy, O. M. (2017). Metodolohiya ta orhanizatsiya naukovykh doslidzhen` u tvarynnytstvi: posibnyk – Methodology and organization of scientific research in animal husbandry]. Kyiv : Agrarna Science [in Ukrainian].
- 11.Melnik, F., & Kovalenko, V. F., Bilikov, A. A. et al (2015). Іnstruktsіya іz shtuchnogo osіmenіnnja sviney – Organization of reproduction of pigs by artificial inseminatio.Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
- Tsereniuk,O. M., & Belikov, A. A, Martyniuk, I. M., Stryzhak, T. A., Akimov, O.V, Kunets, V. V, Cheruta, Y.V., Timofiyenko, I. M., Tserenyuk, M. V., Miroshnikova, O. S. Lisichenko, M. L, Stolyarov, O. V. (2015) Organіzacіja vіdtvorennja svinej metodom shtuchnogo osіmenіnnja – Organization of reproduction of pigs by artificial insemination: scientific and practical recommendations. Kharkiv [in Ukrainian].
- Plokhinskiy, A. (1969).Rukovodstvo po biometrii dlya zootekhnikov – Guide to biometrics for livestock specialist]. Moscow : Kolos [in Russian].
- Baranovskij,D.I., & Hohlov, A. M., Getmanec, O. M. (2017). Biometrija v MS Excel – Biometrics in MS Excel. Kharkiv: FLPBrovin A. V [in Russian].