Keywords: horses, Trakehnen breed, keuring, exterior, motor qualities, jumping qualities, sports performance
The aim of the research was to study the population of horses of traken breed of Ukraine and its assessment by breeding characteristics. The object of research was the population of Trakehner horses, a breed of subjects of breeding business and private owners of Ukraine.
By results of keuring horses of Trakenen breed of different age groups are estimated on a complex of selection traits: measurements of the body, type and an exterior, motor and jumping qualities, and sports performance (n=82).
Evaluation of the measurements of the body showed that horses two years of age exceeded the performance standard for all measurements, and three-year and older age – not reached their. Indices pelvic bodies increase on least formation organism horses and horse senior age, respectively, are characterized by superior performance of fairness index and index of bone.
Trakehner horses of Ukrainian selection enough highly rated on type and exterior (higher 7.0 key), motor qualities and the most highly-on jumping qualities (higher 8.0 key), that points to their ability to show jumping. The highest assessment for type and exterior received horse 4-year-old age and older, which already virtually fully physically developed, this same group highly evaluated on motor qualities, that also explains physical development and establishing the right gaits. On jumping qualities more highly rated horse 2-year-old age.
It is established that the exterior assessment is connected with sports qualities of Trakehner horses and is a necessary selection indicator at an assessment of quality of young growth of horses.
Analysis of the database of horses that competed in dressage competitions (n=188) showed that 11.1 % of them belong to the Trakehnen breed. Horses of the Trakehner breed was made 257 appearances and received an average score of 60,84 %, which is 1.68 % higher than in horses of other breeds and crossbred horses. The activity coefficient of performances at Trakehner horses smaller the index, the average efficiency is also lower than in other breeds.
The results of the assessment of athletic performance, the rating of the best Trakehner horses, a breed competing in dressage during the period studied, with the highest index of health.
- Der Trakehner. – Retrived from : https://dertrakehner.de
- Kamzolov, B. V. (2009). Nasledie Trakenena – Trakenen Legacy. S.-Peterburg, 4–9 [in Russian].
- Teegen, R. (2008). Analysis of a breeding program using the example of the Trakehner Breeding Association : Doctoral thesis. University Kiel,12.
- Chashkin, I. N., Dorofeeva, N. V., Shahova, I. S. (1971). Trakenenskaya poroda loshadej i metody ee sovershenstvovaniya [Trakenen breed of horses and methods for its improvement]. Gosudarstvennaya plemennaya kniga loshadej trakenenskoj porody – The state pedigree book of horses of the Trakenens breed. Moscow : Kolos, 1, 3–14.
- Zuchtprogramm für die Population des Ostpreußischen Warmblutpferdes Trakehner Abstammung (Stand September 2018). – Retrived from : http:// www.trakehner-verband.de
- Horse Breeds of Germany – The Trakehner – Retrived from : http://www.infobarrel.com/Horse_Breeds_of_Germany_-_The_Trakehner
- Vakulova, L. L., Guseva, G. N., Dorofeeva, A. V., & Shahova, I. S. (2009). Gosudarstvennaya plemennaya kniga loshadej trakenenskoj porody – State Stud Book of Trakenen Horses. Divovo : VNIIK, 7. 4–15 [in Russian].
- Volkov, D. A., Tkachova, I. V. Latka O. M., Kunets V. V., Peresada V. O., Korniyenko O. O., Lyuty`x S. V., Gdans`ka K. V., Rossoxa V. I., Koval`ova T. M., & Tur G. M. (2015). Ukrainska verkhova poroda – Ukrainian horse breed. Kharkiv [in Ukraine].
- Derzhavnij arhіv Harkіvs’koї oblastі (DAHO). F. R. 6184. Op. 1. Spr. 44. Ukrainskij voennyj konnyj zavod № 173. Zavodskaya kniga zherebcov-proizvoditelej za 1943–1959 gg. – Ukrainian military stud farm No. 173. Factory book of stallions-producers for 1943-1959. Kharkiv, 1 [in Ukrainian].
- Dorofeev, V. N. (1995). Tekhnologiya treninga i ispytanij molodnyaka verhovyh porod loshadej sportivnogo napravleniya – Technology of training and testing of young horseback breeds of sports direction. Candidate’s thesis. Moskva [in Russian].
- Mel’nik YU.F., Goroshko І.P., Bezugla L.YU., Volkov D.A., Novіkov O.O., Tkachova І.V., Gopka B.M., Pavlenko P.M., Marushchak V.D. Іnstrukcіya z bonіtuvannya plemіnnih konej. Іnstrukcіya z vedennya plemіnnogo oblіku v konyarstvі. Polozhennya pro centralіzovanij plemіnnij oblіk u konyarstvі: normativno-praktichne vidannya. Kiїv: Mіn APU, «Konyarstvo Ukraїni», 2007. 108 s