Keywords: feeding technology, dairy cows, protected protein, milk productivity, multi-criteria analysis
The article presents the results of a study comparing the use of an innovative approach to the organization of dairy cow feeding technology in comparison with the traditional one.
The growth of the world’s population presents livestock producers and scientists with the problem of increasing productivity while reducing feed protein costs. The use of innovative developments of scientists in the practical field allows solving these issues. The implementation of domestic developments in production will contribute to the increase of milk production with a simultaneous decrease in its cost price, which will increase the competitiveness of livestock products produced in Ukraine on the world market.
The research was conducted in the southern region of Ukraine in the conditions of the State Enterprise of the Askaniyske Institute of Irrigated Agriculture of the National Academy of Sciences on 2 groups of lactating cows in the first third of lactation, 50 cows in each, under untied conditions. The use of an innovative approach to the organization of feeding technology for highly productive dairy cows made it possible to increase the content of undegradable protein in the rumen from 24.3% to 33.4% in the diet. This made it possible not only to increase the milk productivity of cows, but also to improve the quality indicators of milk. It was established that with the use of the TEP-mix additive in the diet of the cows of the experimental group, the daily yield of milk from a cow increased by an average of 0.9 kg (from 27.8 kg to 28.7 kg), and in terms of basic fat content, by 2.6 kg (from 29.6 kg to 32.1 kg). According to the results of the chemical analysis of milk, it was found that the average content of the mass fraction of fat and protein in milk was also higher in the animals of the experimental group compared to the control by 0.20% (3.62% vs. 3.82%) and 0.23%, respectively (3.15% versus 3.38%). According to the results of the comparative multi-criteria analysis, it was noted that the productivity of dairy cows using the proposed method of organizing their feeding technology provides a significant advantage over the experimental version. It was established that for the experimental group the objective function according to the considered criteria is smaller and is 0.0112, while the objective function of the base variant was 6.43 times worse.
- Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) (2009). How to feed the world in 2050. In Proceedings of the Expert Meeting on How to Feed the World in 2050 (Rome: FAO Headquarters).
- Siediuk, I. Ye., Zolotarov, A. P., Zolotarova, S. A., & Mashkin, M. I. (2020). Efektyvnist zastosuvannia enerho-proteinovykh dobavok iz zakhyshchenym proteinom pry vyroshchuvanni remontnykh telyts [Effectiveness of using energy-protein supplements with protected protein in rearing repair heifers]. Visnyk Sumskoho natsionalnoho ahrarnoho universytetu. Seriia «Tvarynnytstvo» [Bulletin of the Sumy National Agrarian University. Series “Tvarinnitstvo”]. Sumy, 1 (40), 82-86. doi: 10.32845/bsnau.lvst.2020.1.12 [in Ukrainian].
- Pervova, N. G., & Smekalova, N. A. (ed.) (2007). Normy potrebnostej molochnogo skota v pitatel’nyh veshhestvah v SShA [Norms of the needs of dairy cattle in nutrients in the US]. Moscow [in Russian].
- Bojarskij, L. V., & Jumashev, N. Ju. (2005). Povyshenie pitatel’nosti kormov i ispol’zovanija kormovogo proteina [Increased feed nutrition and use of fodder protein]. Molochnoe i mjasnoe skotovodstvo, 3, 13–14 [in Russian].
- Alstrup, L. M. R., Weisbjerg, L. Hymоller, M. K. Larsen, Lund, P., & Nielsen, M. O. (2014). Milk production response to varying protein supply is independent of forage digestibility in dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci., 97, 4412–4422. doi : https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.2013-7585
- Podobied, L. I., Rudenko Ye. V., Pilipchenko A. V., Sediuk I. Ye., Vasylevskyi M. V., & Zolotarov A. P. (2019). Baipas kormovi produkty – kardynalni rishennia stabilnosti vysokoho udoiu i zbilshennia produktyvnoho dovholittia koriv [Bypass Feed Products – Cardinal Solutions of High Body Stability and Increasing Productive Longevity of Cows]. Naukovo-tekhnichnyi biuleten Instytutu tvarynnytstva NAAN [The Scientific and Technical Bulletin of the Institute of Animal Science NAAS of Ukraine]. Kharkiv, 122, 147–154. doi: 10.32900/2312-8402-2019-122-147-154 [in Ukrainian].
- Siediuk, I. Ye., Zolotarov, A. P., Dubynskyi, O. L., Kravchenko, Yu. S., Yeletska, L. M., Prusova, H. L., Rudenko, Ye. V., Rusko, N. P., & Chushak, Ye. H. (2019). Vplyv zakhyshchenykh vid rozshcheplennia u rubtsi proteiniv ta nezaminnykh aminokyslot na produktyvnist ta yakist moloka koriv. Naukovo-tekhnichnyi biuleten Instytutu tvarynnytstva NAAN [The Scientific and Technical Bulletin of the Institute of Animal Science NAAS of Ukraine]. Kharkiv, 122, 190-197. doi: https://doi.org/10.32900/2312-8402-2019-122-190-197 [in Ukrainian].
- Toledo, M. Z., Baez, G. M., Garcia-Guerra, A., Lobos, N. E., Guenther, J. N., Trevisol, E., Luchini, D., Shaver, R. D., & Wiltbank, M. C. (2017). Effect of feeding rumen-protected methionine on productive and reproductive performance of dairy cows. PLoS ONE, 12(12), e0189117. doi: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0189117
- Tiwari, M., Jha, P., Pant, S., Acharya, M., Thapa, P., & Shrestha, B. (2018). Effect of by-pass protein supplement on milk production in Jersey cow. Bangladesh J. of Animal Science, 47(2), 98–104. doi: https://doi.org/10.3329/bjas.v47i2.40253
- Thapa, P., Pandey, T., Acharya, R., & Dhital, B. (2019). Effect of by-pass protein supplements on milk production of dairy cattle. J. of Agriculture and Natural Resources, 2 (1), 171–179. doi: https://doi.org/10.3126/janr.v2i1.26062
- Mane, S. H., Mandakmale, S. D., Nimbalkar, C. A., Kankhare, D. H., & Lokhande, A. T. (2017). Economics of feeding protected protein and protected fat on crossbred cattle. Indian J. Anim. Res., 51 (6), 1080–1085. doi: 10.18805/ijar.v0iOF.9121
- Victorov, P. I., & Menkin, V. K. (1991). Metodika i organizaciea zootehnicheskih opitov [Methodology and organization of zootechnical experiments] Moscоw : Agropromizdat [in Russian].
- Skotarski pidpryiemstva (kompleksy, fermy, mali fermy) [Skotarski pidpryiemstva (kompleksy, fermy, mali fermy)]: VNTP – APK –01.05 (2005). Kyiv : Minahropolityky Ukrayiny [in Ukrainian].
- Bohdanova, H. O., & Kandyby, V. M. (2012). Normy i ratsiony povnotsinnoi hodivli vysokoproduktyvnoi velykoi rohatoi khudoby [Norms and rations of full feeding of high-performance cattle: guide-guide]. Kyiv : Ahrarna nauka [in Ukrainian].
- Fizioloho-biokhimichni metody doslidzhen u biolohii, tvarynnytstvi ta veterynarnii medytsyni [Physiological and biochemical methods used in biology, animal science and veterinary medicine] (2004). Lviv [in Ukrainian].
- Piskun, V. I., Yatsenko, Yu. V., & Yatsenko, Yu. Yu. (2020). The concept of optimization of technological solutions of agricultural production. Modern engineering and innovative technologies : Heutiges Ingenieurwesen und innovative Technologien, 12, 5–12. doi : 10.30890/2567-5273.2020-12-01-015.