Keywords: horses, Orlov trotter breed, class 2.05, selection of parental pairs
The analysis of the effectiveness of various options of parental pairs selection was held from which the Orlov trotters were received of class 2.05 and faster for their assessment, depending on liveliness, precocity, age of parents, measurements and indices, according to the linear affiliation of parents and inbreeding.
As a result of research, it was found that the largest number of Oryol trotters of class 2.05 was obtained from stallions of class 2.05 and 2.08 (76.8 %) and from mares of class 2.15 and 2.20 (42.3 %). Although a fairly large number (16.9 %) of trotters were born from untested mares.
The best precocity in the Orlov trotters of class 2.05 (4.9 years) was found in the offspring of the Weter and Barchuk lines (32 heads, or 11.8 %) – 72 heads (26.5 %) showed their best agility at the age of 3-4 years.
The largest percentage in the age selection of parents: a mother older than her father is mainly 1-5 years old – 26.5 % (72 h), a father older than her mother also 1-5 years old – 38.6 % (105 h). The most effective were the selections, where the age of the stallions-producers was 6-13 years, mares 5-11 years (168 goals, 61.8 %). It should be noted that among stallions-producers and mares, the number of live offspring decreases after 15 years.
The largest among the parents were the stallions-producers – representatives of the Barchuk and Woin lines, and among the mares – Weter and Woin. The lowest among stallions and mares are representatives of the Uspeh line. Comparing the measurements and indices of probands and their parents, significant differences in the indicator are not noted.
Orlov trotters of class 2.05 and faster obtained in 81 variants of rebounds, taking into account the parental affiliation with the genealogical lines. The largest number of Orlov trotters of class 2.05 was obtained in the Pion line. 93 fathers (34.2 %) and 70 mothers (25.7 %) belong to it. The second and third places, respectively, were occupied by the Pilot and Boltik lines. Only 20 heads (7.4 %) were obtained with in-line rebounds. Crosses of three lines to be the most effective combinations: Pion, Pilot, Boltik (75 heads – 27.5 %).
The largest number of Orlov trotters of class 2.05 was obtained with outlying inbreeding with a coefficient of 0.1-1.0 % – 101 heads (37.1 %). The average level of inbreeding (n = 272) was 1.7 %, 40 heads, or 14.7 % were outbred.
- Horoshko, I. P., Kalantar O. , & Pavlenko P. M. (1994). Rekomendatsii po vidboru ta doboru v pleminnomu koniarstvi – Selection and selection guidelines for breeding horses. Kyiv : KPP «Ukragrozhilbytstroj» [in Ukrainian].
- Barmintcev, Iu. N. (1972). Konnozavodstvo i konnyi sport – Horse breeding and equestrian sport. Moscow : Kolos [in Russian].
- Konovalova, G. K., & Zhukov A. (2013). Effektivnost razlichnykh variantov podbora v poluchenii orlovskikh rysakov vydaiushcheisia rabotosposobnosti [The effectiveness of various selection options in obtaining Orlov trotters outstanding performance]. Konevodstvo i konnyi sport – Horse breeding and equestrian sport, 1, 26-28 [in Russian].
- Bochkarev, K. (1973). Rezvye kobyly kak zavodskie matki [Frisky mares like factory uterus]. Konevodstvo i konnyi sport – Horse breeding and equestrian sport, 3, 20–22 [in Russian].
- Burenko, A. V. (2017). Skorospilist orlovskykh rysakiv klasu 2.05 [Hurrying Eagle Trotters Class 2.05]. Naukovyi visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu bioresursiv i pryrodokorystuvannia Ukrainy – Scientific Bulletin of the National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine. Kyiv : Vyd-vo NUBiP Ukrainy, 271, 59–71 [in Ukrainian].
- Vitt, M. O. (2003). Znachenie vozrasta pri razvedenii zhivotnykh v svete michurinskoi biologii [The value of age when breeding animals in the light of Michurin biology]. Istoriia konnozavodstva – History of horse breeding. Moscow : Tcentrpoligraf”, 956–966 [in Russian].
- Kalinkina, G. , Orlova Iu. A., Kreshikhina V. V., & Makhmutova O. N. (2016). K 240-letiiu orlovskogo rysaka [To the 240th anniversary of the Oryol trotter]. Konevodstvo i konnyi sport – Horse breeding and equestrian sport, 3, 9–11 [in Russian].
- Rozhdestvenskaia, G. A. (1977). Ispolzovanie inbridinga pri sovershenstvovanii orlovskoi rysistoi porody [The use of inbreeding to improve the Oryol trotter breed]. Ispolzovanie inbridinga v zhivotnovodstve – The use of inbreeding in livestock. Moscow: Nauka, 61–64 [in Russian].
- Rozhdestvenskaia, G. A. (2003). Orlovskii rysak – Oryol trotter. Moscow : Akvarium Buk [in Russian].
- Burenko, A. V. (2018). Inbrydynh u rodovodakh orlovskykh rysakiv klasu 2.05 [Inbreeding at the breeders of the Oryol risakov class 2.05]. Tavriiskyi naukovyi visnyk – Taurian Scientific Herald. Kherson : VD «Helvetyka», 100 (1), 141–149 [in Ukrainian].