Keywords: Russian trotter, racetrack trials, traditional prizes, dynamics of speed
In the presented work, the dynamics of the results of the drawing of traditional prizes at a distance of 1600 m by horses of the Russian trotting breed, which were tested from 2000 to 2020 at the Kyiv Hippodrome, was investigated. The main breeding trait of Russian trotting horses is speed. This is a complex trait that is formed during ontogenesis and indirectly includes several other breeding parameters: the correctness of the exterior, the level of health. The results of the prizes were analyzed: Ideal (stallions and mares 2 years old), Govorukhi (mares 2 years old), Three-year open, Derby (4 years old), Elite (for older horses). Future (for stallions and mares 3 years old). The data of the primary zootechnical registration of the Kyiv hippodrome were analyzed based on the results of the traditional prizes for a distance of 1600 m for the period 2000-2020.
Statistical analysis of the collected data was carried out using classical biometric methods. At the same time, there is a tendency to improve speed in the Derby prize (4 years old) (p<0.1) and in prizes for two-year-old horses: the Ideal prize (stallions and mares 2 years old) (p<0.1) and Govorukha prize (mares 2 years old) (p<0.1). The resulting tendency may indicate the total effect of genetic (an increase in early maturity and the formation of working qualities of 2-year-old Russian trotting horses) and phenotypic factors (improvement of the technology of feeding, raising and training horses of this age group). In all the studied prizes, a speed improvement was observed, which indicates a successful selection and breeding work with the Russian trotting breed in this direction.
- Kalashnikov, V. V., Nikolaeva, N. V., & Khrabrova, L. A. (2004). Vliyanie amerikanskogo rysaka na formirovanie geneticheskoy struktury, rezvost’ i plodovitost’ loshadey russkoy rysistoy porody [Effect of the American trotter on the formation of the genetic structure, pace y and fertility of horses of the Russian trotter breed]. Doklady Rossiyskoy akademii sel‘skokhozyaystvennykh nauk. Orenburg 3, 32–35. [in Russian].
- Shendakov, A. I., Shendakova, T. A. (2019). Rezvost’ i ekster’ernye osobennosti loshadey russkoy rysistoy porody, uluchshennoy amerikanskimi i frantsuzskimi rysakami [Speed and exterior features of Russian trotter breed horses, improved by American and French trotters]. Vestnik agrarnoy nauki, 6 (81), 60– [in Russian].
- Arnason, Т. (1999). Genetic evaluation of Swedish standardbred trotters for racingperformance traits and racing status. Journal of Animal Breedingand Genetics, 5, 116, 387–
- Hinchcliff, K., Hamlin M. (2004). Veterinary aspects of racing and training Standardbred race horses. Equine Sports Medicine and Surgery, 1073–1089.
- Andrianov N. N., &Olenev Y.(2002). Metody sovershenstvovaniya orlovskoy i russkoy rysistykh porod loshadey [Methods of improving the Orlof and Russian trotting horse breeds]. Moscow: Kolos[in Russian].
- Vinnichuk, D. T. (2003). Vyrashchivanie i trening loshadey [Raising and training horses]. Moscow: Kolos[in Russian].
- Suprun, I. O., & Shynkarenko, A. (2012). Rezultaty bihovoho sezonu na Kyivskomu ipodromi [Results of the running season at the Kyiv Hippodrome.]. Naukovyi visnyk «Askaniia-Nova» – Askania Nova Scientific Bulletin. Nova Kahovka, 5, 1. 243–248. [in Ukrainian]
- Polzunova, M. (1999). Razvitie ippodromnogo dela [Development hippodrome case]. Moscow: Kolos[in Russian].
- Suprun,A. (2014). Dinamika rezvosti loshadey rysistykh porod v traditsionnykh prizakh [The dynamics of the speed of horses of trotting breeds in traditional prizes]. Selskostopanska Akademiya. Zhivotnovоdni Nauki. I, 1–2, 121–128. [in Russian].
- Lakin,F. (1990). Biometriya [Biometrics]. Moscow : Vysshaya shkola[in Russian].