Keywords: pig breeding, genetic potential, productivity, generation, breeding
The purpose of the research, the results of which are revealed in the article, was to develop methodological approaches for calculating the genetic potential of productivity in pig breeding. The research was carried out in a breeding facility for animal breeding FG “Shubske”, Bogodukhiv district, Kharkiv region.
At the first stage, the productivity of the offspring (fattening qualities) of the UNI family saws of Welsh breed in the breeding facility for FG “Shubske”, Bohodukhiv district, Kharkiv region was evaluated for two consecutive generations.
The results show that in general for all evaluated uteri, there was a reduction in the fattening period by 0.60 days with a reduction in feed consumption by 0.04 feed units. At the same time, the thickness of the fat on the estimated family at the level of two estimated generations there was a regression of 0.10 mm.
According to the obtained data, methodological approaches that are effective in direct indicators (reproducible qualities, slaughter qualities, etc.) turned out to be uninformative in inverse indicators, where it is desirable to reduce values (age of live weight, feed consumption, fat thickness, etc.). It is proposed to use the given formulas only for direct indicators, and for inverse indicators to use formulas for a slightly modified mathematical apparatus. Considering these features, a modified methodological approach to the calculation of this indicator by inverse indicators is proposed.
Using this methodological approach, the calculation of the genetic potential of productivity by fattening qualities was carried out and the degree of realization of the genetic potential of animal productivity was determined.
According to the results of the assessment of the genetic potential of productivity (according to the proposed methodological approach) of the fattening qualities of the offspring, the sow B19056 was was marked by the highest values of the genetic potential of productivity. Also, without considering the values of lifelong fat thickness in the offspring, for further breeding work, based on the assessment of the genetic potential of productivity, sows B19004 and G19308 can be used.
- Huzyev, I. V., Chyrkova, O. P., & Neumyvaka, V. M. (2008). Henetychnyy potentsial haluzi m’yasnoho skotarstva v Ukrayini. [Genetic potential of the meat industry in Ukraine]. Rozvedennia i henetyka tvaryn – Breeding and genetics of animals. Kyiv, 42, 34–49 [in Ukrainian].
- Gustavsson, I. (1991). From Giessen to Toulouse: 20 years in domestic animal cytogenetics. Genet Sel Evol, 23(1), 9–17 [in Ukrainian].
- Dzitsyuk, V. V. (2009). Vykorystannya tsytohenetychnykh metodiv u selektsiyi plidnykiv [The use of cytogenetic methods in the selection of broodstock]. Kyiv : Agrarna nauka [in Ukrainian].
- Maslyuk, A. M. (2009). Henetychnyy potentsial reproduktyvnykh yakostey svynomatok ukrayinskoyi stepovoyi biloyi porody u rozrizi liniy ta rodyn [Genetic potential of reproductive qualities of sows of Ukrainian steppe white breed in terms of lines and families]. Naukovyi visnyk Askaniia-Nova – Scientific Bulletin Askania-Nova, 2, 139–144 [in Ukrainian].
- Hyrya, V. M., Voloshchuk, M. V., & Pohribna, N. M. (2012). Otsinka henetychnoho potentsialu knuriv-plidnykiv [Estimation of genetic potential of breeding boars]. Svynarstvo – Pig Breeding. Poltava, 61, 67–75 [in Ukrainian].
- Dudka, O. I., & Karvatska, I. M. (2019). Vykorystannya pryyomiv stabilizuyuchoho vidboru v henofondovykh stadakh svyney [The use of methods of stabilizing selection in the gene pool of pigs]. Naukovyi visnyk Askaniia-Nova – Scientific Bulletin Askania-Nova. Nova Kakhovka: PYEL, 12, 134–144. DOI: 10.33694/2617-0787-2019-1-12-134–144 [in Ukrainian].
- Khvatova, M. A. (2015). Selektsiya za kombinatsiynoyu zdatnistyu yak nadiynyy zasib pidvyshchennya henetychnoho potentsialu svyney [Selection by combination ability as a reliable means of increasing the genetic potential of pigs]. Naukovo-tekhnichnyi biuleten Instytutu tvarynnytstva NAAN – The Scientific and Technical Bulletin of the Institute of Animal Science NAAS of Ukraine. Kharkiv, 113, 281–288 [in Ukrainian].
- Hladiy, M. V., Polupan YU. P., Kovtun S. I., & Boroday I. S. (2018). Naukova shkola akademika M.V. Zubtsya u rozvytku naukovykh osnov vitchyznyanoho tvarynnytstva [Scientific school of academician MV Zubets in the development of scientific bases of domestic animal husbandry]. Rozvedennia i henetyka tvaryn – Breeding and genetics of animals. Kyiv, 55, 6–13 [in Ukrainian].
- Kovalenko, V. P., & Nezhlukchenko, T. I. (2008). Metody otsinky henetychnoho potentsialu i kontrolyu selektsiynykh protsesiv u tvarynnytstvi [Methods of assessment of genetic potential and control of selection processes in animal husbandry]. Tavriiskyi naukovyi visnyk – Taurian Scientific Bulletin. Kherson, 64, 143–149 [in Ukrainian].
- Basovskiy, N. Z.(1991). Otsenka geneticheskogo potentsiala molochnoy produktiv- nosti u krupnogo rogatogo skota [Shade of genetic potential of milk productivity in cattle]. Citologija i genetika – Cytology and genetics, 25(3), 57–61 [in Russian].
- Tsup, V. I., Yashchuk, T. S., & Tykhonova, B. YE. (2010). Henetychnyy potentsial molochnoyi produktyvnosti chervonoyi polskoyi porody [Genetic potential of milk productivity of red Polish breed]. Tekhnolohiia vyrobnytstva i pererobky produktiv tvarynnytstva – Technology of production and processing of livestock products. Bila Tserkva, 3(72), 132–135 [in Ukrainian].
- Ilnytska, T. Ye., & Bondarenko, O. V. (2018). Otsinka zherebtsiv-plidnykiv za rezultatamy vystupiv yikh nashchadkiv u zmahannyakh z podannya pereshkod (konkuru). [Evaluation of breeding stallions based on the results of the performances of their offspring in the competition for the submission of obstacles (show jumping)]. Aktualni pytannia tekhnolohii produktsii tvarynnytstva – Current issues of technology of livestock products Collection of articles on the results of the III All-Ukrainian scientific-practical Internet conference (р. 27). Poltava, 27. [in Ukrainian].
- Slyusarenko, YU. L. (2019). Vplyv typu vyshchoyi nervovoyi diyal`nosti na robochu produktyvnist` ta rist koney. [Influence of the type of higher nervous activity on work productivity and growth of horses]. Podilskyi visnyk : silske hospodarstvo, tekhnika, ekonomika – Podilian Bulletin : Agriculture, Engineering, Economics. Kamianets-Podilskyi, 1(30), 60–65. [in Ukrainian].
- Gorin, V. V. (1992). Povysheniye yeffektivnosti selektsionnogo protsessa v svinovodstve na osnove razrabotki i ispol’zovaniya genetiko-populyatsionnykh metodov [Improving the efficiency of the selection process in pig breeding based on the development and use of genetic and population methods]. Extended abstract of Candidate’s thesis. Sankt-Peterburg–Pushkin [in Russian].
- Tserenyuk, O. M. (2009). Vyznachennya efektu heterozysu [Determination of the effect of heterosis]. Naukovyi visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu bioresursiv i pryrodokorystuvannia – Scientific Bulletin of the National University of Life and Environmental Sciences. Kyiv, 138, 183–187 [in Ukrainian].
- Tserenyuk, O. M. (2009). Modyfikatsiya importnoho henetychnoho materialu v Ukrayini [Modification of imported genetic material in Ukraine]. Kharkiv, [in Ukrainian].
- Susol, R. L., & Onyshchenko A. O. (2016). Ukrayinska myasna poroda svyney: suchasnyy stan ta zakhody shchodo yiyi zberezhennya [Ukrainian meat breed of pigs: current state and measures for its preservation]. Ahrarnyi visnyk Prychornomoria. Seriia : Silskohospodarski nauky – Agrarian Bulletin of the Black Sea region: a collection of scientific papers: agricultural sciences. Odesa, 76(2), 86–90 [in Ukrainian].
- Voytenko, S. L., & Vyshnevskyy L. V. (2017). Inbrydynh v myrhorodskiy porodi svyney [Inbreeding in Myrhorod pig breed]. Rozvedennia i henetyka tvaryn – Breeding and genetics of animals. Kyiv, 54, 208–215 [in Ukrainian].
- Zubets, M. V. (1993). Otsinka henetychnoho potentsialu plidnyka [Assessment of the genetic potential of the fetus]. Visnyk ahrarnoi nauky – Bulletin of Agricultural Science, 8, 73–80 [in Ukrainian].
- Stryzhak, T. A., Tserenyuk, O. M., Hetya, A. A., Akimov, O. V., & Stryzhak, A. V. (2018). Henetychnyy potentsial ta stupin realizatsiyi vidtvoryuvalnykh yakostey svynomatok osnovnykh rodyn u porodakh landras i uelska [Genetic potential and degree of realization of reproductive qualities of sows of main families in Landrace and Welsh breeds]. Visnyk ahrarnoi nauky Prychornomoria – Agrarian Bulletin of the Black Sea region: a collection of scientific papers: agricultural sciences. Mykolayiv, 2, 78–82 [in Ukrainian].
- Ibatullin, I. I., Zhukors`kyy, M. (Еds.) (2017). Metodolohiia ta orhanizatsiia naukovykh doslidzhen u tvarynnytstvi [Methodology and organization of scientific research in animal husbandry. Kyiv : Ahrarna nauka [in Ukrainian].
- Plokhinskiy, N. A. (1969). Rukovodstvo po biometrii dlya zootekhnikov [Biometrics Guide for Livestock Specialists]. Moscow : Kolos [in Russian].
- Baranovs’kiy, D. I., Khokhlov, A. M., & Getmanets, O. M. (2017). Biometriya v MS Excel [Biometry in MS Excel]. Kharkív : FLP Brovin A. V. [in Russian].