Keywords: cattle breeding, breeding, Sumy intra-breed type, family, cow, productivity
The results of scientific and production researches on formation of genealogical mother-to-beings families of cows of the Sumy intrabred type of Ukrainian black-and-white milk breed in the herd of the breeding plant “First of May” of Sumy region and their estimation on productive features are given. The mother families of cows of the breeding herd, which are characterized by high milk content, fat content and protein content are defined. Evaluation of the combinational ability of lines and families of cows showed that the most successful selection of bulls to breeding stock formed families obtained from a combination of Yeleveyshna 1491007, Valiant 1650414, Chief 1427318 and Starbuck 352790 lines. It has been established that mother families of Sumy intra-breed type cows of Ukrainian black-and-white milk breed are sufficiently consolidated on the basis of milk productivity. The milk productivity of the genealogical breeding families of cows was unequal in terms of generations. In subsequent generations from the ancestors of families to their great-grandchildren there was a decrease in the phenotypic variety of signs of the milk production of animals. The coefficients of inheritance of milk yield and fat content in milk on the maternal line in the existing genealogical families were significantly low (h23=0,14-0,19, P>0,95. The influence of heredity of the ancestors of uterine families on the signs of milk productivity of their offspring in subsequent generations decreased.
In each genealogical family a breeding core has been formed, which includes cows with the highest milk productivity in the family. The scheme of selection of bulls-producers of planned lines to the breeding families of cows and measures for the selection and com-prehensive evaluation of cows-record of breeding herd, which should be used as potential ancestors of new breeding families. It is shown that breeding with families contributes to the formation of the optimal structure of the breeding herd, the effective use of record cows, provides an increase in the genetic potential of milk production of animals. It is shown that the implementation of the planned activities of breeding with families of cows will improve the efficiency of intra-breeding of Ukrainian black-and-white dairy breed.
- Kuziv, M. I. (2011). Selekcijna robota z liniyamy ta rodynamy pry vdoskonalenni ukrayins’koyi chorno-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody [Selective work with lines and families of ukrainian black-and-white dairy breed]. Biolohiya tvaryn– The Animal biology, 13 (1–2), 354–359 [in Ukrainian].
- Ladyka, V. I., &Khmel’nychyy, L. M., Salohub A. M. (2014). Orhanizaciya ta holovni napryamky selekcijno-pleminnoyi roboty v molochnomu skotarstvi Sums’koho rehionu [Orginyzatsiya and the main lines of the selection and pedigree of dairy breeding Sumy region]. Visnyk Sums’koho NAU. Seriya «Tvarynnytstvo» – Bulletin of Sumy NAU. Series of “Animal Husbandry”, 2/1(24), 3–10 [in Ukrainian].
- Oblyvantsov, V. V. (2000). Metodychni rekomendatsiyi po vykorystannyu elektronnoyi tablytsi Exsel dlya obrobky materialiv naukovykh doslidzhen‘ (dlya studentiv spetsial‘nostey 7.130201 – “Zooinzheneriya“, 7.130501 – “Veterynarna medytsyna“, aspirantiv ta naukovykh spivrobitnykiv) [Methodological recommendations on using of Excel spreadsheet for processing of materialsscientific research (for students of specialty 7.130201 – “Zooengineering”, 7.130501 – “Veterinary medicine”, postgraduate and research assistants)]. Sumy : Sums’kyy DAU [in Ukrainian].
- Oblyvantsov, V. V. (2015). Selekcijni metody formuvannya ta ocinka vysokoproduktyvnyx rodyn sums’koho vnutriporodnoho typu ukrayins’koyi chorno-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody [Selection method of forming high-performance families and evaluation sumy inner breeder type ukrainian black-and-white dairy breed]. Visnyk Sums’koho NAU. Seriya «Tvarynnytstvo» – Bulletin of Sumy NAU. Series of “Animal Husbandry”, 2 (27), 63–67 [in Ukrainian].
- Pelexatyj, M. S. & Piddubna, L. M. (2008). Osoblyvosti rozvedennya importnoyi chorno-ryaboyi nimec’koyi xudoby za rodynamy [Features of breeding of imported black-and-white German cattle for families] Naukovyj visnyk L’vivs’koho nacional’noho universytetu veterynarnoyi medycyny ta biotexnolohij imeni S. Z. Gzhyc’koho – Scientific Messenger of Lviv National University of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnology Stepan Gzhytskyi. Lviv, 10, (2/37), 3, 127–135 [in Ukrainian].
- Plokhinskiy, N. A. (1969). Rukovodstvo po biometrii dlya zootekhnikov [Guidance on Biometrics for livestock experts]. Moscow : Kolos [in Russian].
- Polozhennia z provedennia aprobatsii selektsiinykh dosiahnen’ u tvarynnytstvi. Zatverdzhene nakazom Ministerstva ahrarnoi polityky ta prodovol’stva Ukrainy № 385 vid 02.07.2012 [Regulations on carrying out approbation of selection achievements in animal husbandry. Approved by the order of the Ministry of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine № 385 from 02.07.2012]. (n.d.). zakon.rada.gov.ua. Retrieved from https : //zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z1217-12 [in Ukrainian].
- Ladyka, V. I., & Khmel’nychyy L. M., Salohub A. M., Ivchenko V. M. & Hrebenyk H. M. : Za zah. red. Salohuba A. M. (2011). Prohrama rozvytku skotarstva Sums’koho rehionu na 2011–2020 roky [The program of development cattle breeding in Sumy region for 2011–2020, under the general editorship of Salogub A. M.]. Sumy [in Ukrainian].
- Rudenko, E. V., & Trishin, A. K., Pomitun, I. A., Podobed, L. I., Shkavro, N. N. (2018). Aktual’ni pytannya rozvytku texnolohij vyrobnyctva i zabezpechennya yakosti produkciyi skotarstva v Ukrayini (prysvyacheno 100-richchyu vid zasnuvannya NAAN Ukrayiny) [Urrent issues of cattle production technologies and quality ensuring development in Ukraine (dedicated to the 100th anniversary of the National Academy of Agrarian Sciences of Ukraine foundation)]. Naukovo-texnichny`j byuleten` Insty`tutu tvary`nny`cztva NAAN–Scientific and technical bulletinof the Institute of the Animal Science of the NAAS.Kharkiv, 120, 3–13 [in Ukrainian]. DOI 10.32900/2312-8402-2018-120-3-13.
- Sklyarenko, Yu. I. (2009). Xarakterystyka rodyn ukrayins’koyi chorno-ryaboyi molochnoyi porody [Characteristics of families of ukrainian black-and-white dairy breeds]. Naukovyj visnyk L’vivs’koho nacional’noho universytetu veterynarnoyi medycyny ta biotexnolohij imeni S. Z. Gzhyc’koho – Scientific Messenger of Lviv National University of Veterinary Medicine and Biotechnology named S. Gzhytskyi. Lviv, 11, (2/41), 3, 192–195 [in Ukrainian].