Keywords: boars, ejaculates, sperm counts, distilled water, sperm survive
Testing and comparative evaluation of germ cells in boars of Landrace breed of different genotypes on qualitative and quantitative indicators, for further use in diluents of different distilled water, is carried out.
Studies have shown that the quantitative and qualitative indicators of sperm production of French boars had the highest ejaculate volume and sperm count among other boars. Boars of domestic selection had the highest concentration of sperms, and boars of English selection prevailed in terms of motility.
The results of research show that among the tested ejaculates the best sperm at a dilution of 1: 1 were found in boars of English Landrace pig breed, the absolute survival rate of which was (Sa) – 732.4 um. from according to the degree of rarefaction 1: 2 – 1: 3, the highest rate had ejaculates of boars of French selection, the studied indicator of which was (Sa) – 720.9 (Sa) – 708.8 um. from in accordance. The use of distilled water of foreign production has improved the survival rates of boar semen compared to distilled water of domestic production, which is produced directly at the artificial insemination point of the farm. Thus, according to this indicator, the semen of domestic boars lived 3.7 hours or 3.4% less than the semen of French boars and 8.8 hours or 5.3 % less than the semen of English boars. The thinning of semen in other degrees did not reveal a probable difference between boars.
Analysis of these studies shows that the semen of boars of English selection prevailed on the studied indicator of semen of other boars when used in diluents of water of foreign, domestic and local production (obtained at the point of artificial insemination of the farm).
- Martynyuk, I. M. (2014). Shtuchne osimeninnya – bazovyy metod vedennya haluzi svynarstva [Artificial insemination is a basic method of conducting the pig industry]. Naukovo-tekhnichnyi biuleten Instytutu tvarynnytstva NAAN – The Scientific and Technical Bulletin of the Institute of Amimal Science of the NAAS of Ukraine. Kharkiv, 112, 76–81 [in Ukrainian].
- Tsereniuk, M. V., Tsereniuk, O. M., Shkavro, N. M., Akimov, O. V., Martyniuk, I. M., & Chereuta, Yu. V. (2018). Optymizatsiia shtuchnoho osimeninnia svynok, shcho pereviriaiutsia [Optimization of artificial insemination of tested pigs]. Ahrarnyi visnyk Prychornomor’ia. Silskohospodarski nauky − Agrarian Bulletin of the Black Sea Littoria. Odeca, 87(2), 134– 138 [in Ukrainian].
- Lobchenko, С. F., Lobchenko, В. О., & Коvаlenko, B. F. (2012). Zhyttezdatnist spermatozoyidiv knura za umovy inkubuvannya v autolohichniy spermalniy plazmi [The viability of boar sperm under incubation in autologous sperm plasm]. Svynarstvo – Swine breeding. Poltava, 60, 97–98 [in Ukrainian].
- Biotekhnika razmnozheniya sel’skokhozyaystvennykh zhivotnykh. Chast’ 3. Razbavleniye i khraneniye spermy. Osemeneniye samok sel’skokhozyaystvennykh zhivotnykh i ptits: metodicheskiye ukazaniya. Belorusskaya gosudarstvennaya sel’skokhozyaystvennaya akademi [Biotechnology breeding farm animals. Part 3. Dilution and storage of sperm. Insemination of females of farm animals and birds (2008).Gorki : Belarusian State Academy of Agriculture [in Russian].
- Sidashova, S. I. (2010). Voda v rozridzhuvachakh spermy knuriv : pytna, ochyshchena ta artezianska [Water in boar semen diluents : drinking, purified and artesian]. Rozvedennia i henetyka tvaryn – Breeding and genetics of animals Іnstytut rozvedennya i henetyky tvaryn.Kyiv, 43, 270–278 [in Ukrainian].
- Tsereniuk, O. M., & Belikov, A. A, Martyniuk, I. M., Stryzhak, T. A., Akimov, O. V, Kunets et al (2015). Organіzacіja vіdtvorennja svinej metodom shtuchnogo osіmenіnnja [Organization of reproduction of pigs by artificial insemination: scientific and practical recommendations]. Kharkiv [in Ukrainian].
- Ibatullin, I. I. (Ed.), & Zhukors`kiy O. M. (Ed.) (2017). Metodolohiia ta orhanizatsiia naukovykh doslidzhen u tvarynnytstvi [Methodology and organization of scientific research in animal husbandry. Kyiv : Agrarna nayka [in Ukrainian].
- Instruktsiia zi shtuchnoho osimeninnia svynei [Instruction for artificial insemination of pigs] (2003). Kyiv : Ahrarna nauka [in Ukrainian].
- Milovanov, V. K. (1962). Biologiya vosproizvedeniya i iskusstvennogo osemeneniya zhivotnykh [Biology of reproduction and artificial insemination of animals]. Moscow : Selkhozgiz, 491−492 [in Russian].
- Plokhinskiy, N. A. (1969). Rukovodstvo po biometrii dlya zootekhnikov [Biometrics guide for zootechnicians]. Moscow : Kolos [in Russian].