Keywords: silver-black foxes, reproductive ability, combining ability, lines, fertility
Improving the efficiency of breeding for fox’s reproductive qualities advasing is associated with the selection of individuals with certain economically useful traits and evaluated for their ability to transfer and fix ones in subsequent generations. A combining ability of parental lines determination, as well as individual characteristics of animals, is paramount. The factors characterizing the contribution of each parents, as well as their combination with each other in the formation of the descendant’s productive potential, are the combinational capacity components, which are disclosed on the basic fur animal farming of Kharkiv region.
The analysis of six lines of the breeding core of silver-black foxes was carried out and the general and specific combining ability of maternal and paternal forms were determined by fertility. The probable influence of the specific combining ability of the combinations to the studied parameter was established, which allowed a clear differen-tiation of the lines according to the level of fertility: improvers, neutral and degraders. In addition to the obvious fundamental value, the information obtained is also important practical point of view. In particular, it was concluded that it is advisable to use indi-vidual representatives of the lines, as well as the most promising options for combinations of parental pairs. Using components of combining ability, outsiders are defined, which should be excluded from the further selection process. The actual research materials illustrate the results of dispersive analysis of differences in fertility of females, average fertility rates of combinations of maternal and paternal lines, combination capacity of lines, effects of general combining ability, constants and variants of specific combination ability of linear foxes.
1. Hekkiiev, A. D. (2004). Udoskonalennia metodiv otsinky plidnykiv u henofondnykh stadakh [Improvement of the methods of evaluation of herders in gene pool herds]. Tvarynnytstvo Ukrainy – Animal husbandry of Ukraine, 9, 12–18 [in Ukrainian].
2. Strelchuk, S. I., & Demidov, S. V., Berdyshev, H. D., Holda, D. M. (2000). Henetyka z osnovamy selektsii – Genetics with the basics of breeding. Kyiv: Fitosotsiotsentr [in Ukrainian].
3. Ruban, Yu. D. (2004). Razvedenie krupnogo rogatogo skota po liniyam v sovremennyih usloviyah [Breeding of cattle on lines in modern conditions]. PIdvischennya produktivnostI sIlskogospodarskih tvarin – Improving the productivity of farm animals. (Vols 14), (pp. 27–32). HarkIv [in Russian].
4. Vashchenko, P. A. (2009). Kombinatsiina zdatnist zavodskykh linii svynei velykoi biloi porody [Combination ability of factory lines of pigs of large white breed]. Visnyk Poltavskoi derzhavnoi ahrarnoi akademii – Bulletin of the Poltava State Agrarian Academy. Poltava, 3, 71–73 [in Ukrainian].
5. Genetiko-statisticheskiy analiz kombinatsionnoy sposobnosti sortov i form yarovoy myagkoy pshenitsyi po koeffitsientu hozyaystvennoy effektivnosti fotosinteza [Genetic-statistical analysis of the combinational ability of varieties and forms of spring soft wheat by the coefficient of economic efficiency of photosynthesis]. (n.d.). studbooks.net. Retrieved from [https://studbooks.net/1362623] [in Russian].
6. Pelykh, V. H. (2002). Selektsiini metody pidvyshchennia produktyvnosti svynei – Breeding methods for increasing the productivity of pigs. Kherson : Ailant [in Ukrainian].
7. Maksymov, P. D. (1994). Pryiomy pidvyshchennia reproduktyvnykh i vidhodivelnykh yakostei svynei spetsializovanoho miasnoho typu [Methods of increasing the reproductive and fattening qualities of pigs of specialized meat type]: Extended abstract of candidate’s thesis. Kyiv. [in Ukrainian].
8. Lisnyi, V. A. (2002). Pidvyshchennia efektyvnosti heterozysnoi selektsii v svynarst-vi shliakhom otsinky kombinatsiinoi zdatnosti porid ta typiv svynei [Increasing the efficiency of heterosis in pig breeding by assessing the combinational ability of breeds and pigs] Visnyk ahrarnoi nauky Prychornomoria – Bulletin of agrarian science of the Black Sea region, Mykolayiv,3, 58–66 [in Ukrainian].
9. Ostapchuk, P. (2006). Kombinatsiina zdatnist spetsializovanykh porid, typiv ta li-nii svynei pry skhreshchuvanni [Combination ability of specialized breeds, types and lines of pigs when crossing]. Tvarynnytstvo Ukrainy – Animal husbandry of Ukraine, 2, 16–17 [in Ukrainian].
10. Stavetska, R. V. & Piotrovych, N. A. (2016). Efekty zahalnoi ta spetsyfich-noi kombinatsiinoi zdatnosti za reproduktyvnymy yakostiamy svynomatok [Effects of General and Specific Combination Ability on Sprocket Reproductive Characteristics]. Visnyk SNAU – Bulletin of the Sumy National Agrarian University, 1 (29), 106–111 [in Ukrainian].