Keywords: agriculture, Eastern region, cattle breeding, pig breeding, sheep breeding, goat breeding
The main features and place of the Eastern region in the agricultural sector of the country were described. The term “Eastern region” means the territorial systematization or division of the territory into relatively integral parts and associations into one region. The Eastern agrarian region, located in the north-east of the country, includes Sumy, Kharkov, Donetsk and Lugansk regions (without temporarily occupied territories, the area of which is 15.3 thousand km2) and totals 91.5 thousand. km².
The resource potential of the regions of Ukraine was analyzed. Assessing the effectiveness of economic resources managing by subjects and in the region as a whole allows us to determine in value terms the total size of the potential of a particular enterprise, its constituent structures and level of use. It was revealed that the resource potential significantly exceeds the actual indicators of profit from 1 ha of agricultural land, both in the country as a whole and in the Eastern region.
The food security of the Eastern region is provided by the livestock industry. The leading role in it is occupied by livestock and pig farming. The current state of the livestock of the main types of farm animals (cattle, pigs and sheep) in regions and in the whole of the Eastern region was presented.
The dynamics of the main branches of agriculture (cattle breeding, pig breeding, sheep breeding, goat breeding) over the past years was analyzed by subjects and in the whole region and country. The number of livestock by farms of different categories, enterprises and in the private sector in Ukraine and the Eastern region over the past 2 years was given and the difference (growth or decline) was calculated separately for species of animals (cattle, cows, pigs, sheep and goats) by region and farms.
Perspective areas of the agricultural sector development were identified.
- Krasar O. (2014). «Speczzona» Ukrayiny`. Shho my` vtrachayemo na Donbasi – Special Zone of Ukraine. What we are losing in the Donbass «Speczzona» Ukrayiny`. Shho my` vtrachayemo on Donbass. Ty`zhden`. ua. – Week. Retrived from : https://tyzhden.ua/Politics/118905
- Pasport Lugans`koyi oblasti – Passport of the Luhansk region (2019). Lugans`k [in Ukraine].
- Verxovna Rada Ukrayiny` : oficijny`j portal. Proekt zakonu pro Derzhavny`j byudzhet Ukrayiny` – The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine: official portal. Draft Law on the State Budget of Ukraine. Retrived from : http://w1.c1.rada.gov.ua/pls/zweb2/ webproc4_1?pf3511=66853 [in Ukraine].
- Strategiya rozvy`tku Xarkivs`koyi oblasti na period do 2020 roku – Development strategy of Kharkiv region for the period up to 2020 (2015). Kharkiv [in Ukraine].
- Kunecz, V. V., Kamy`shan, N. V., Panchenko, O. M., & Pomitun, L. I. (2019). Cxidny`j region : agrarne lobi – Eastern region: agrarian lobby. Kharkiv [in Ukraine].
- Lugans`ka oblasna derzhavna administraciya. Oblasna vijs`kovo-cy`vil`na administraciya – Lugansk Regional State Administration. Regional military-civil administration. A program of rational land use will be implemented in the Luhansk region. Retrived from : http://loga.gov.ua/oda/press/news/na_luganshchini_ realizuvatimetsya_programaracionalnogo_vikoristannya_zemel [in Ukraine].
- Departament agropromy`slovogo kompleksu ta rozvy`tku sil`s`ky`x tery`torij oblderzhadministraciyi Donecz`koyi oblasti. Pro xid vy`konannya kompleksnoyi programy` ekonomichnogo rozvy`tku sil`s`ky`x tery`torij Donecz`koyi oblasti na 2018–2020 roky` za I kvartal 2019 roku – Department of Agro-Industrial Complex and Rural Development of Donetsk Oblast State Administration. On the implementation of the integrated program of economic development of rural areas of Donetsk region for 2018-2020 for the first quarter of 2019. Retrived from : https://agro.dn.gov.ua/pro-khid-vykonannia-kompleksnoi-prohramy-ekonomichnoho-rozvytku-silskykh-terytorij-donetskoi-oblasti-na-2018-2020-roky-za-i-kvartal-2019-roku [in Ukraine].
- Sumshhy`na agrarna – Sum of agrarian. Sumy [in Ukraine].
- Ekologichny`j pasport Xarkivs`koyi oblasti – Ecological passport of Kharkiv region. (2017). Kharkiv [in Ukraine].
- Ekologichny`j pasport Donecz`koyi oblasti – Ecological passport of Donetsk region (2016). [in Ukraine].
- Ekologichny`j pasport regionu Lugans`ka oblast` – Environmental passport of Lugansk region (2019). Lugans`k [in Ukraine].
- Derzhkomstat Ukrayiny`. Posivni ploshhi sil`s`kogospodars`ky`x kul`tur za yix vy`damy` u 2019 r. – State Statistics Committee of Ukraine. Crop area by species in 2019. Retrived from : http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/operativ2019/sg/ ppsgk/arh_ppsgk_u.html [in Ukraine].
- Strategiya rozvy`tku Donecz`koyi oblasti na period do 2020 roku – Development strategy of Donetsk region for the period up to 2020 (2015). Donecz`k [in Ukraine].
- Pasport Lugans`koyi oblasti. Rozvy`tok v dy`namici – Passport of the Luhansk region. Development in dynamics (2016). Lugans`k [in Ukraine].
- Derzhkomstat Ukrayiny`. Osoby`sti selyans`ki gospodarstva za regionamy` na 1 sichnya 2019 r. – State Statistics Committee of Ukraine. Private farms by region as of January 1, 2019. Retrived from : http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/operativ2019/ sg/osg/osg_reg/osg_reg_u/osg_reg_0119_u.html [in Ukraine].
- Rekomendaciyi z rozroblennya dorozhn`oyi investy`cijnoyi karty` rozvy`tku agrarnogo rajonu – Recommendations on the development of a road investment map for the development of the agricultural area (2017). Kyiv : Agrarna nauka [in Ukraine].
- Derzhkomstat Ukrayiny`. Kil`kist` sil`s`kogospodars`ky`x tvary`n na 01 veresnya 2019 r. – State Statistics Committee of Ukraine. Number of farm animals as of September 01, 2019. Retrived from : http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/operativ2019/ sg/vpt/arh_vpt2019_u.html [in Ukraine].
- Derzhkomstat Ukrayiny`. Vy`robny`cztvo produktiv tvary`nny`cztva u sichni-serpni 2019 r. – State Statistics Committee of Ukraine. Production of livestock products in January-August 2019. Retrived from : http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/operativ/ operativ2019/sg/vpt/arh_vpt2019_u.html [in Ukraine].