Keywords: Tori breed, horses, population, gene frequency, alleles, blood group, selection, gene pool.
The article presents the results of Ukrainian selection Tori horses breed population immunogenetic profile studying.
In recent years, the significant work has been carried out not only in Ukraine but also in European countries to conserve, reproduce and improve of the gene pool of small numbers breeds. In Ukraine, the Tori horse breed is one of the small numbers. It is in small farms as a universal type of farm horse. The Tori breed horses are characterized by sufficient mass and mobility, inherent in various uses, both in agriculture and in equestrian tourism.
The allele’s frequencies and spectrum of all major blood groups systems of different sex horses were compared in a breeding business subjects and in the whole national population of the Tori breed. It was established that the stallion frequency of Dbcm (0,1049) allele is much higher, and that the Dde alleles (0,0679) and Ddk (0,1728) are much lower than the mares – Dbcm (0,0841), Dde (0,1150), Ddk (0,2434) – respectively.
The domestic population of the Tori breed horses has the highest concentration of the Dcgm (0,2809) and Ddk (0,2139) allele frequencies, and slightly higher for the Dd (0,1392) and Ddg (0,1211) allele frequencies. Dad (0,0335) and Dcegm (0,0232) alleles are widespread.
The most common among all studied Tori horses breeds omicropopulations in the D system are alleles Dcgm, Ddk. All other alleles showed differently.
For “Shakhtar” Horse Farm, First Sumy Breeding Horse Factory and Private Owner Banas V. M. (“Karetnyi dvor”) the largest allele spectrum diversity by polymorphic blood group systems in studied loci were identify.
The revealed differences in the spectrum of active alleles of polymorphic blood groups systems to indicate that each studied horses population has a certain “genetic passport”, which creates an information base breeding work in Ukraine with immunogenetic control.
- Tori hobuste rilklik tõuraamat. Gosudarstvennaya plemennaya kniga loshadey toriyskoy porody [State breeding book of horses of Tori breed] (1974). Tallin. ХІ [inEstonian, in Russian].
- Tori Hobusekasvandus. Toriyskiy konnyy zavod – [Tori Hobusekasvandus. Tori stud farm]. Retrived from : http://www.torihobune.ee [in Estonian, inRussian].
- Gerasimov, V. I., Slin’ko, V. G., Pron’, E. V., Petrushko, N. P., Bereznitskyi, V. I., Khokhlov, A. M., Chernyj, N. V., Pasechnik, V. A., Danilov, S. B., Zhernokleev, N. N., Sokrut, A. V., & Afanasenko, V. Ju. (2011). Mirovoy genofond loshadey i ego ispol’zovanie [The global gene pool of horses and its use]. Kharkov : Espada [in Russian].
- Miros,’ V. V., Golovko, V. A., & Tkacheva, I. V. (2007). Konevodstvo [Horse breeding]. Kharkov [in Russian].
- Novikov, О. О. (2005). Koniarstvo Ukrainy [Horse breeding Ukraine]. Materialy II Vseukrainskoi naukovo-praktychnoi konferentsii «Hodivlia konei. Suchasnyi stan haluzi. Problemy ta perspektyvy» – Materials of the 2nd All-Ukrainian Scientific and Practical Conference «Feeding horses. Current state of the industry. Problems and prospects». Dnipropetrovsk (pp. 4-9) [in Ukrainian].
- Glazko, V. I., Oblap, R. V., Kushnir, A. V. & Shchirs’kiy, O. N. (1999). Geneticheskie markery loshadey [Genetic markers of horses]. Sel’skohozjajstvennaja biologija – Agricultural biology, 6, 24-29 [in Russian]
- Mel’nyk, Yu. F., Didyk, M. V., Podoba, B. Ye., Dzitsiuk, V. V., Rossokha, V. I., & Novikov, O. O. (2002). Henetychnyi monitorynh u koniarstvi Ukrainy [Genetic monitoring in horse breeding in Ukraine]. Naukovo-tekhnichnyi biuleten’. Instytut tvarynnytstva UAAN – Scientific and Technical Bulletin of the Institute of Animal Science UAAS. Kharkiv, 82, 60–63 [in Ukrainian].
- Dubrovskaya, R. N., & Starodumov, I. M. (1996). Metodicheskiye rekomendatsii po ispol’zovaniyu polimorfnykh sistem belkov i grupp krovi pri kontrole dostovernosti proiskhozhdeniya loshadey [Methodical recommendations for the use of polymorphic systems of proteins and blood groups in the control of the reliability of the origin of horses]. Divovo [in Russian].
- Khrabrova, L. A., & Dubrovskaya, R. N. (2005). Metodicheskie rekomendatsii po proizvodstvu i ispol‘zovaniyu syvorotok–reagentov dlya tipirovaniya grupp krovi loshadey [Methodical recommendations for the production and use of serum reagents for typing of blood groups of horses]. Divovo [in Russian].
- Rossokha, V. I., Tur, H. M., Zaderykhina, O. A., Koval’ova, T. M., & Drobiazko O. V. (2016). Metodychni rekomendatsii po henetychnii otsintsi bioriznomanittia ta formuvannia henotypovoi struktury malochyselnykh porid silskohospodarskykh tvaryn [Methodical recommendations on genetic evaluation of biodiversity and formation of genotype structure of not numerous breeds of farm animals]. Kharkiv [in Ukrainian].